Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 1999 E 430 some months ago, and have finally gotten around to detailing it. The car is black, but it has some heavy swirl marks. My questions is, what kind of polish do you think i should use? I'm thinking Meguiars M105, but I dont know what finishing polish to use, maybe M205? If not the Meguiars, I'll probably go with Griots garage Machine Polish 1, then 3, then 4. If anyone has better suggestions, please do post.

Now lets see some success pics/stories! :D

Thanks in advance,
-Andy

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I'm glad I read this thread. I have overlooked finishing polish all these years. I've just been using polishing compound and then putting on a coat of wax or two after the polish.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I like the 105/205 combo as well. I find that I use the Menzerna SIP/106FA combo more often though. I really like the Menzerna products.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I decided to go with the Meguiars 105/205,and then Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze. My car has heavy swirl marks so I will definitely take pics and post. Now I just need to find 2 days when I am free and the damn texas clouds aren't pouring!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've always used 3M Perfect-It. I know exactly what to expect with this stuff, and I know it works. I do have bottles of Meg's 105 & 205, but haven't built up the courage to try them yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts