Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to buy a SLK230 for the very first time. Trouble is they give you quite a selection in the options from MB. So can anyone point me in the right direction? My ideal is a radio that picks up the new digital broadcasts and a cd player that can play mp3's. So anyone out there got any ideas of what to buy or just as important what to avoid? I will buy a pint for the person who gives me the best ideas (when they next pass my local :) Thanks !

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Lack of options from MBZ?

What is a pint? I don't know if you have any choices from mbz on radios. I haven't seen anything on sat radio yet from them. There are a lot of aftermarket units to consider that will accomplish your needs. I would reccomend the alpine mp3 cd with xm option, or one of the new sony or pioneer mp3/hard drive units. There are lots of possibilities. <br> <br> [email protected]

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Lack of options from MBZ?

Lack of options ? According to the details from MB I have 5 or 6 choices regarding Audio equipment. As I dont know what exactly each option means or which is the best thats a lot of options. <br> As for a pint. Do you only drink beer out of a bottle in USA (Or where ever it is you come from)?<br> A pint is a measure of alcohol, around half a litre. It is drawn from a barrel of beer into a pint glass. <br> So has anyone any more idea's for me ? <br> Bye for now !!<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could you list your options. In the US we are stuck with only ONE choice

You can also email me at maddrm @ yahoo.com<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Could you list your options. In the US we are stuck with only ONE choice

Too many to list here. If you take a look at this site and go through the motions of selecting SLK230 New then Options you will see my choice. Should be an eye opener for you :)http://www.virgincars.com/<br> <br> We have a weird price system in England (we call it a rip off)It is cheaper for us to buy from Japan or Germany and have the car imported than to buy in this country. Even cars made here are cheaper to buy after they have been shipped overseas. <br> Anyway. Hope you find the address above of interest. <br> <br> Regards. FrankC<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just check the website...

None of the choices listed can play MP3s or pick up the new digital broadcasts (XM radio).<br> <br> They basically give you three brand choices :<br> <br> Sony<br> Audio 10,30, etc made by Becker Auto Sound<br> Blaupunkt<br> <br> Music is very personal. I am happy with the BOSE system but others complain. It's either you get the whole thing or nothing at all since it's a pita to upgrade. If you can find a demo car which has it, I suggest you try it. <br> <br> The most advanced radio on the list would be the Audio 30 APS which has navigation. It's pretty accurate as I was able to try one out in Geneva.<br> <br> If you really want to play mp3s and receive digital radio, don't get any from the list and get an aftermarket unit installed. From their, you can add better speakers and custom build your system to your liking. I wish I did this before since the Bose system wasn't cheap when I bought mine and I could have gotten a far superior system elsewhere.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Just check the website...

i know that Bosch(Blaupunkt) has(almost) a radio with MP3 playback that will be offered from MBZ.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

i know that Bosch(Blaupunkt) has(almost) a radio with MP3 playback that will be offered from MBZ.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

1 - 9 of 9 Posts