Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all

I've just purchased a 1998 C180, and am finding it a very pleasing motor vehicle to drive. I've already fixed a sucking noise behind the light switch which turned out to be a snapped vacuum coupling at the base of the driver's side head lamp for the headlamp adjuster, but in doing so I found a fitting that doesn't seem to live anywhere.

Can anyone identify for me and give me an indication of where it should be? It is located behind the passenger side head lamp, and is a small device, circled in yellow in the picture below - is it some sort of sensor? For the ambient temperature maybe?

Also, what is this in the glove compartment??

Thanks in advance (I'm expecting a 'Doh!' moment...)

·
Registered
20 Posts
the top pic is the climate sensor that shows temperature outside you need it to have it connected because it also controlls the inside temperature of the car when you turn on the heater.

the bottom pic is a question try to take it of from there it should say what is that actually I will look at my car today after work and I will tell you if that this is important.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I believe the unit in the glovebox is an I.D. card holder, where the buttons eject your card from the box when pressed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts