Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this may seem subversive...lol.. to the 'Benz World' forum, but what other forums do you guys routinely use? I certainly have no intention of using Benz World any less, but a well rounded base of information could be useful. I'm somewhat embarrassed to ask, not wanting to raise the wrath of our community. I have my doubts there are any as complete as this one. Still, it's just a thirst for information. ...lol, kind of like asking your wife if she has any cool single female friends huh...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Well, one that won't get you flamed for mentioning it is the W126 forum here on BW (in your case W116 forum). That one has more traffic if you are looking for an engine related solution.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep Fonzi I think your right. This morning I went to Encyclopedia Germanica and punched on Nooby's article about installing a top.... a long read, heak a long read just getting the courage to tackle the job, but I read it through, all 30 pages I believe it was. . It's posts like these that capture my attention. I can't see me going anywhere else, it's just a diversion really. If you can't repair your Benz from the information off of BenzWorld.org, then you better just get a Chevy...

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
39,177 Posts
... but I read it through, all 30 pages I believe it was. . ...
Do yourself a favor.

• Click on the User CP link in the menu at the top of this page.
  • Go to Your Control Panel on the left side of the page and click on Edit Options.
  • Scroll down to Thread Display Options
  • Change your Number of Posts to Show Per Page setting to the maximum. It used to be 40 and that was livin' life large but in the changeover a while back, it dropped to 25. Major bummer.
  • Thank me. Cash is king.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Digmenow, I kind of like that one....hmmmmm. Hush Puppies or Chucka's ? Pleated ot straight leg....... well... I ........ .... .. .

ahhhhh I see the method to the madness, I chose 20, seems a better spacing.

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
29,089 Posts
Yep Fonzi I think your right. This morning I went to Encyclopedia Germanica and punched on Nooby's article about installing a top.... a long read, heak a long read just getting the courage to tackle the job, but I read it through, all 30 pages I believe it was. . It's posts like these that capture my attention. I can't see me going anywhere else, it's just a diversion really. If you can't repair your Benz from the information off of BenzWorld.org, then you better just get a Chevy...
Too bad there is no "BULLSHIT" filter on Benzworld. Would have reduced that thread by 1/2.

·
29,089 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Just the one in my signature. A little project I started a few days ago. There is alot of information I have to fill in, got to get to doing that. lol.

But when its done it will have how-to's, diagrams, you know the usual stuff. Just a little more tidy then it is here.

Im not saying anything about Benzworld, its just alot of mis-information flying around.

·
One of the BW Old Guard/R129, W204 Moderator
7,143 Posts
Just the one in my signature. A little project I started a few days ago. There is alot of information I have to fill in, got to get to doing that. lol.

But when its done it will have how-to's, diagrams, you know the usual stuff. Just a little more tidy then it is here.

Im not saying anything about Benzworld, its just alot of mis-information flying around.
Kudos to you for starting this project. Be advised; however, if you choose to "mine" this and other fora for inclusion, be mindful of the copyright/ownership clause in the TOU on almost any and every forum that members agreed to when they made their respective posts. I said, "be mindful"... not anything more than that (I'd hate to see a great site get embroiled in a legal brouhaha due to some corporate-owned site exerting "ownership" rights to diy posts).

Otherwise, I hope you get this completed... It will be a valuable compendium of info.

·
29,089 Posts
Bullshit on BW.... Surely you jest. :D
OK.........I'll admit that I bought a 5 gallon pail at a garage sale a couple of years ago.

The guy selling said "That there is some good shit" I figured maybe it was pot.

I've been trying to get rid of it since.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have found no other forum that is as complete and active as BW. As Fonzi says, I go Google a lot and it always comes back right to here, to where now I forget Google and just use the search function here a bit better.

HOWEVER, I have found the following site to be outstanding. This guy is a MB expert and has posted many 'how to' videos that I have found to be extremely helpful. Learn to do it Yourself the Easy Way! Technical Videos Available for Viewing | MercedesSource.com Every week he seems to be adding more videos. Some of the videos are very basic while others have provided me with a great deal of visual aid!

·
29,089 Posts
I have found no other forum that is as complete and active as BW. As Fonzi says, I go Google a lot and it always comes back right to here, to where now I forget Google and just use the search function here a bit better.

HOWEVER, I have found the following site to be outstanding. This guy is a MB expert and has posted many 'how to' videos that I have found to be extremely helpful. Learn to do it Yourself the Easy Way! Technical Videos Available for Viewing | MercedesSource.com Every week he seems to be adding more videos. Some of the videos are very basic while others have provided me with a great deal of visual aid!
AND....he has half decent, reasonably priced parts. The only place I could find with the "replacment ball joint kit".

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RI
52,804 Posts
Kudos to you for starting this project. Be advised; however, if you choose to "mine" this and other fora for inclusion, be mindful of the copyright/ownership clause in the TOU on almost any and every forum that members agreed to when they made their respective posts. I said, "be mindful"... not anything more than that (I'd hate to see a great site get embroiled in a legal brouhaha due to some corporate-owned site exerting "ownership" rights to diy posts).

Otherwise, I hope you get this completed... It will be a valuable compendium of info.
I will be assisting this project.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I will be assisting this project.
Awesome.

There is not any money involved or fame or copyrights. There are positions (that will be in place) that make sure we are not using copyrighted material.

For too long Mercedes owners have been strangled by the dealerships. They give you a "service advisor", but the only thing he does is advise you on how hes going to take your money.

Also the site will be Ad free. No money will be taken as sponsorship.

However if it works out well, maybe a legit web address?

It is a free forum. Anyone can have their very own. What I am doing is making it easier for me to find diagrams and stuff. If it is open for others to view, so be it. Might help you in your project, never know.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts