Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres the thing.<br> <br> it has been raining hevyly ,here for the last 3 days.<br> <br> today was my day off so i went out for a drive.<br> <br> 50% of sydneys roads have turned to rivers.<br> because i have a deisel theres no problems driving through it all. we (a mate and my self) helped out a few people who tried to go through the water and stalled, we must have towed 4 or 5 people out, there wernt any problems it pulled one tonne along easily at idle speed.<br> <br> later in the day on the way home i had to go through a flooded roadqway it would have been about 3 to 4 feet(i metre) deep for a 200 hundred yard streach. again no problem. felt sorry for the two cars that had stalled which i could not stop for. (what wwere they thinking)<br> <br> i stoped up the road for some fuel, and keped driving, about 2 miles after leaving the petrol station i had troubles.<br> <br> it didnt want to change gears.<br> this is whats usual:<br> 1st gear 0-8 km/h<br> 2nd gear 8-40 km/h<br> 3rd gear 40-75 kmp/h<br> 4th gear 75km/h and up <br> <br> hers what i had:<br> 1st gear 0-15km/h<br> 2hd gear 15-57km/h<br> 3rd gear 57km/h and up<br> it wouldnt change into 4th gear i had it all the way up to 110km/h in 3rd, still wouldnt change<br> <br> also i had to floor it in order ti get the gears to change.<br> <br> heres the thing, it could be that water has entered the system somewhere or fuel was dodgy.<br> <br> the gear box has been overhauled and the fluid has been toped up to over come the same thing awhile back but on a much lesser scale.<br> <br> any comments?<br> <br> thanks louis

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the latest

ok i had a theory.<br> it had to be something wrong withe the vaccume, the pump is gone, the manafold, central locking?<br> <br> it is likely that a low vaccume would cause such a rough change in gears.<br> <br> the locks are slow and only have enough in them to work once with the engine off.<br> <br> om taking it tomorrow morning, will tell u what i find<br> <br> louis

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry mate, a 300d 1980.<br> its kind of fixed now, we took it in to be looked at.<br> <br> heres the new thing, its rough in switching in and out of 2nd. but from 3rd to 4th id a dream.<br> i cant floor it at the lights any more it jolts and revs like mad. (dont get me wrong i dont drag this car all the time but when i need to it should and yoost to be fine)<br> <br> another thing it has so much power now, i can climb sydney's steepest hill with 4 people in the car, doing 30/kmph while in 3rd.<br> <br> louis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.