·
Registered
ML430/ SL500 SA
1,009 Posts
That was unbelievable.

What was the lady thinking?

"I'll be safer out there on the ground."

She almost got killed by the ML.

Looks like ice, not snow was the problem.

How people live in places like that I will never understand.

·
Registered
1999 ML 430
586 Posts
yeah this clip was played constantly in december on the news but why would you jump out, I can give some leeway to the person in the old red honda on the passenger side, maybe that person was trying to stop the car by adding friction from the door (semi good idea) but never jump out from driver side :(

·
Registered
2011 GLK,2007 S550,2003 S55,2008 CLK,2009 C300,1996 E300,2005 E320,2002 E3
1,355 Posts
LOLOLOL[:D] It would be one thing to jump out of a car that was going off a bridge, but geez they almost got killed for a small bumper twister.[:(] Man that town must have the lowest IQ in the country[:0]

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,241 Posts
Obviously you guys have never been to Alabama when it snows. Thank goodness it’s rare here, but when it does, it’s total mayhem. People here don’t know how to drive when it’s dry, much less in the snow. My favorite thing to see is people driving 70mph down the Interstate who come to an icy overpass and immediately slam on their brakes. I guess we’d probably be better off if they would jump out of their cars when it snows![}:)]

- RODNEY

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Now that is just amazing. I simply cannont understand the logic of those kamakazi drivers and passengers. It's just retarded ... Oh well, not everyone can be a good driver, or even smart. LOL

·
Registered
2011 GLK,2007 S550,2003 S55,2008 CLK,2009 C300,1996 E300,2005 E320,2002 E3
1,355 Posts
Rodney;
I come down south several times a year in the Alabama/Georgia areas. The difference between the drivers in the northern states and the southern states is that up north(New York, Detroit, Jersey, Ohio areas is that the guys up here drive very fast, but have control of their vehicles. When I come visit my brother in ATl, I notice that they drive fast and are out of control. I have seen some of the wildest accidents down there[:0]

·
Registered
ML430/ SL500 SA
1,009 Posts
MLOffRoad - 3/28/2005 4:30 PM

Now that is just amazing. I simply cannont understand the logic of those kamakazi drivers and passengers. It's just retarded ... Oh well, not everyone can be a good driver, or even smart. LOL
Shouldn't you be out taking pictures?

[:I]

·
Registered
526 Posts
"Total mayhem" also lives in the Virginia/DC area when it snow's, I guess it's because of all the people from different areas of the country all working in one area.

Was a pretty nice winter for DC for snow this year.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,241 Posts
Rodney;
I come down south several times a year in the Alabama/Georgia areas. The difference between the drivers in the northern states and the southern states is that up north(New York, Detroit, Jersey, Ohio areas is that the guys up here drive very fast, but have control of their vehicles. When I come visit my brother in ATl, I notice that they drive fast and are out of control. I have seen some of the wildest accidents down there[:0]
You said it! Our daughter, SIL and granddaughter live in Gwinnett County, GA. We drive over about once a month to visit and it’s amazing. One evening, we were on I-85 north just past the connector, doing over 100mph in the left lane with cars packed tightly all around us. My wife was a basket case by the time we got there. She’s just learned to try to sleep through it now. This is actually one of the reasons I bought the ML – I need to feel safe.

- RODNEY

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Benz4Dirt&Sky - 3/28/2005 7:10 PM

MLOffRoad - 3/28/2005 4:30 PM

Shouldn't you be out taking pictures?

[:I]
Posting them in the thread right now ... [:D]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts