Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

What motor do I have?

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  DUTCH 
#1 ·
I have a 300ge. The motor dosent look like the one in my old 300se. The oil filter is in a casing in the rear left(driver)side and is a filter element type. Distributor is in top front. The vehicle is an import by Europa and there is no card with details in the owners manual.
Where is the engine #/type located so I can make sense of some of the postings?
Thanks

#2 ·
n2lw - 3/12/2005 8:27 PM

I have a 300ge. The motor dosent look like the one in my old 300se. The oil filter is in a casing in the rear left(driver)side and is a filter element type. Distributor is in top front. The vehicle is an import by Europa and there is no card with details in the owners manual.
Where is the engine #/type located so I can make sense of some of the postings?
Thanks
If you'll post (or send me by email) your VIN, we can give you exact info.

Or, you can plug your VIN here:

http://www.mbclub.ru/mb/vin/?lng=eng

and get the info yourself. Preceed it with a "WDB".

#6 ·
Europa VIN's - Translation Back To Factory VIN

alaskagwagen - 3/13/2005 1:16 AM

Dutch,

This reminds me - my Vin does not come up on the Russian site. Does yours work or is there something wierd about our Europa VINs?

Adam
Europa VIN's which start with WDBEG need to be converted to: WDB4632411Xxxxxxx, where the six x's at the end are the last six digits of the Europa VIN.

This same conversion needs to be done to get the EPC to work on those trucks, too.

#7 ·
RE: engine pic

4x4abc - 3/13/2005 3:15 AM

300GE - that reminds me, I don't have any engine bay images of the 300GE in my collection. Can someone help?

Harald
Avec plaisir....

Attachments

#8 ·

300GE - that reminds me, I don't have any engine bay images of the 300GE in my collection. Can someone help?

Harald
Some more

Attachments

#9 ·

Harald
And a few more

Attachments

#12 ·

mortinson - 3/13/2005 8:17 AM

Harald
Avec plaisir....
seems like no one has been playing in the mid with the 300GE's like mine [:D] Compared to this one

mine would need a Kärcher to look like this.

RGDS
Klaus

#13 ·
RE: What motor do I have? brabus

brabus g36 - 3/14/2005 1:00 AM

Hey the brabus (red) one is mine!!
great car.
Sorry. That happens when you are a G-Wagen picture kleptomaniac such as me: you end up nicking so many pictures that it becomes impossible to track from whom did I nick them!

#15 ·
n2lw - 3/16/2005 1:35 PM

Thanks all for the info, especially Dutch. I knew the Europa Vin #s were different, now I can decode mine by using the corrected form.
I have an M103 it seems.
That conversion for Europa VIN's is only valid for the G500's that Europa brought in as a small volume manufacturer. It's not valid for any other models of the G.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.