Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2021 - 2031 of 2031 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Replaced the Heater T Connector after failure, only issue is the hose clamps but not a difficult change. Now time for the full detail!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Started my sunroof resot today.. Got a buch of debris and a few lbs of roof insulation out. Took the slider to an upholstery shop to be recovered, hopefully they can salvage the original material...

HUGE shout out to Mafia Don for the excellent DIY write up!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yanked the front bumper to attempt to repair, too far gone and the side clip that slides onto the bracket by the wheel well was broken off. New one on order, $177 + 135 S&H. It'a a new aftermarket bumper, I'll post an update when I receive it to comment on finish and quality.
IMG_4677 4.jpeg

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I had PO301 to 306 codes and so I changed all 12 plugs and boots. Plugs are 60K miles old so it is probably time anyway. Changed coils on 1-6, based on misfire codes. Also changed coil on #12 since it is difficult to get to. You have to loosen the wiring harness tray to gain easy access. #11 was done by the dealer a few years ago. I replaced #10 because the tip broke off when I removed the boot. Seems to run better , but have not driven on the road yet. Will watch to see if codes come back.

May order a new MAF Sensor since I also got a PO170 code.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
I had PO301 to 306 codes and so I changed all 12 plugs and boots. Plugs are 60K miles old so it is probably time anyway. Changed coils on 1-6, based on misfire codes. Also changed coil on #12 since it is difficult to get to. You have to loosen the wiring harness tray to gain easy access. #11 was done by the dealer a few years ago. I replaced #10 because the tip broke off when I removed the boot. Seems to run better , but have not driven on the road yet. Will watch to see if codes come back.

May order a new MAF Sensor since I also got a PO170 code.
It may be too late, but I did the same with all 12 coils. However, I found the identical Bosch coils at amazon.com for half the price the dealer wanted.
Anziani

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
It may be too late, but I did the same with all 12 coils. However, I found the identical Bosch coils at amazon.com for half the price the dealer wanted.
Anziani
I think I bought my coils from Autohaus several years agoat $50-55 each. Much less than dealer. I just found the MAF on Amazon for $110. Finding inexpensive parts is almost as much fun as searching for a replacement W140, C140 or R129!

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I replaced my radiator hoses (22 years old?), new coolant and a new air intake thingy . Car runs like a dream!
I probably need to replace both intake air filters. I can still feel a little shaking in the seat at idol. I am sure it is time to finally replace the engine & Tranny mounts.

·
Registered
9,172 Posts
Let’s see....

Distributor caps and rotors, new wires, plugs and ignition coils, cleaned out the EGR, throttle body and MAF and still had energy for a bit of interior detailing.

Tomorrow, renew the hydraulic fluid in the reservoir and get an alignment.

2021 - 2031 of 2031 Posts