Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard about c43 owners buying renntech air intakes but aren't those kinda expensive? Isn't it better to just get a custom intake instead of wasteing a lot more money on the renn tech intakes?? Also, is it any louder than the stock air filter????

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: What kind of intakes do you guys put on your cars?

I have seen some guys on the C43 remove the two air intake hoses and in stall two k&N conical filters instaed of the two square ones. They say throttle response goes way up and the car still receives cold air from the two openings in th grill. I've seen people remove the block in the grill in front of the two openings for a ram air effect. This also seems to work well. the two conical filters is much more aggresive sounding than stock. But you have to figure out what you need because it will be a universal air filter if you do the conical deal. one guy I saw did the conical deal and modified the little cover with MB logo on it looked factory.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Re: What kind of intakes do you guys put on your cars?

The fact is unless you have an extra 2 grand for nine horsepower stick with the factory air box and put K&N's in it. Renntech are the only guys who I've seen that make an airbox, and there is no question that their quality of equip. is outstanding but the air box is just to darn expensive. With the open element filters you will have idle problems (I've heard this from other postings).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can get a custom air filter installed for around $200

Will it be any worse/better than the renntech's $2,000 air filters??? Besides, an air filter is an air filter, right?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can get a custom air filter installed for around $200

Will it be any worse/better than the renntech's $2,000 air filters??? Besides, an air filter is an air filter, right?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
intakes

there is a diff between stock and aftermarket but the 2000 and 200 will have minimal but noticable diffs many machine shops will fabricate intake ducts and that will give you lots of power

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
re Re: I can get a custom air filter installed for around $200

with a car like yours you wont get any power from a filter not much you can do with a class other than sell it and get an amg!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RE: intakes + camshift

I got a set of Renntech intakes and camshift...it works pretty good on my c280 1997 model! but just want to let you all know... if you want to get a camshift...get it from BRABUS! BRABUS gives you 2 camshift'for 1997 model', one for intake, and one for exhaust...and Renntech only comes with one camshift... for the same price as two!! besides, Renntech order their camshift from AMG Factory from Europe...I order my from renntech cause i went to the BRABUS Dealership in calif, they don't sale the camshift in Calif..cause they said to me that they don't carry that camshift because they can't sale it in the us...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts