Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
93 300E 2.8 (sold), 1998 E300DT, 1998 SLK230 kompressor
96 Posts
I am trying to install the same unit in my 1998 E300TD with the Becker BE1692 unit and Bose subs on the rear deck. I've got the adapter harnesses from Crutchfield. Which wires hookup to the Bose amp? UI will be using the Bluetooth and USB hookups as well, but those are just a simple matter of threading the cables out and trying not to screwup the wires behind the dash in the process. :) I can tuck in the microphone wire around the trim pieces and get it behind the dash to route to the Alpine unit.

Is there any impedance issue in using the Alpine unit with the Bose setup?

Looking forward to the Alpine & its capabilities.

·
Registered
1999 E320 Sedan 4wd w210 @115k miles
9 Posts
not sure if any of yall got it replaced or still have the car for that long i got mine aftermarket when the speakers decided to stop playing lol i had them rewire the door speakers 2 front 2 back before that i had alredy took out the headunit because previous owner had a cassette stuck in it lol so i couldnt use the cassette to aux i had alredy from my last e320 anyways i got a harness from a local audio shop they gave me one for i think vw or another forgn brand they almost thought they had to pre order because they couldnt find one but they found it i conencted the adapter to the oem of mercedes did not splice i did it oem way again later on speakers died and i was gettin noises from engine on aux cable i got a new set of front and back door speakers now i need to take it back to have them rewire the 2 stock backs i think there bose and the tweeters im not sure if they work might gotta get them . its a easy job i did the head unit my self but i let the wiring down to a shop i trust u gotta have a good audio shop they prolyl wanan rewire it i only spent 400 on rewiring and new speakers think they was jbl or hertz not sure they bang now lol i just need to find a headunit shop told me they dont wanna mess up the face plate to add a double din lol now im searching for a new shop for that when a shop says they cant do i leave it to another person who can 9/10 they wont mess up if they wanna do it and they know how

21 - 22 of 22 Posts