Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a idea that my car is low in the rear. I'll need new rear springs if this is the case. What are your measurements at this point? Center line of rear wheel to the bottom of the fender. I have P215 70 R14 (factory spec tires).
Mine shows right at 22 in. I showed mine, now you show yours.
DSC00945.JPG

DSC00946.JPG

·
Always Remembered RIP
3,381 Posts
Mines is 21" But it's really has all the lowering springs from AMG on it.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
I have a idea that my car is low in the rear. I'll need new rear springs if this is the case.
Before you decide to do that (and before you rely on measurements from other people) find out if your and their rubber spring supports have been replaced. They add about an inch of height to the rear end of the car. Mine are shot to hell, but will be replaced soon.

·
Always Remembered RIP
3,381 Posts
maybe this will help you figure it out

Attachments

·
Always Remembered RIP
3,381 Posts
But it's to scale and if you print it out and take a ruler and measure it, you should be able to figure out the height of the rear wheel well.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
what you should be measuring, is from the CENTRE of the hub, to the bottom of the guard, seeing as these two points of interest are the reference points you need to calculate the springs loaded resting height- and the measurement is only relative to what will be altered (spring height). Don't forget the rubber support bushes, as they will also need to be replaced, and will alter the measurement.

·
Always Remembered RIP
3,381 Posts
But it's to scale and if you print it out and take a ruler and measure it, you should be able to figure out the height of the rear wheel well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts