Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1966 200 1979 300TD 1991 560SEC Metris (1991 300TE-24, 1983 300SD, 2000 C280 in the family)
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lead on a European spec 88 560 SEC that is being parted out. The car is located in Germany, so I would be responsible for shipping cost to the States. My question is what is worthwhile performance-wise to get shipped here? I already have the Tri-Y headers, would the Euro Cams (and matching rockers) be worth getting. EZL module? CIS distributor? Computer? My car is a 1991 560SEC California Spec.

Shipping parts from D-land is pricey, but I don't want to pass up the opportunity on something cool.

Thanks

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
At the Mercedes Benz dealer in Stuttgart last month I purchased a W124 factory new skidplate.

DHL is the shipper from Germany to the USA. I used it also to ship some other items from Heidelberg too.

Be prepared also, to pay a customs charge too. To get your items through quick, DHL sometimes pays it and then direct bills you. One of my boxes cost $19 USD and I got the bill today from them.

My recollection is that DHL ships to St. Louis after clearing customs in New York. In any case it is reasonable, both price and time wise..

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
40,771 Posts
At the Mercedes Benz dealer in Stuttgart last month I purchased a W124 factory new skidplate.

DHL is the shipper from USA to Germany. I used it also to ship some other items from Heidelberg too.

Be prepared also, to pay a customs charge too. To get your items through quick, DHL sometimes pays it and then direct bills you. One of my boxes cost $19 USD and I got the bill today from them.

My recollection is that DHL ships to St. Louis after clearing customs in New York. In any case it is reasonable, both price and time wise..
DHL is owned by the German postal service.
Before DHL curtailed their US operations, items sent by Deutsche Post would be delivered here by DHL.

·
Mercedes
9,043 Posts
DHL is owned by the German postal service.
Before DHL curtailed their US operations, items sent by Deutsche Post would be delivered here by DHL.
When I get packages sent to me by DHL from Germany, the USPS ends up delivering it. Initially I thought DHL in the US would be delivering it, but its not the case.

·
Registered
'83 380SEC AMG'ed euro, '92 500SL, '91 190e 2.6 5-speed
2,389 Posts
When I get packages sent to me by DHL from Germany, the USPS ends up delivering it. Initially I thought DHL in the US would be delivering it, but its not the case.
+1. DHL from de came as USPS the last two times I used it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts