Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'78 240D
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm trying to find this piece of trim, the one that runs from the front of the roof to the bottom of the rear pillar, and i can't find it anywhere. i'm probably using the incorrect search terms because i don't know the "proper" name. any help here?

·
Registered
2005 w203, 2013 Town & Country
2,181 Posts
i had to get my at a dealer - looking through exploded views...i can try to get a PN to you later...
Jake

do you want the black rubber - or the actual chrome? - my PN will be the rubber - as a passanger ripped mine above the window - most likely "playing" with it...

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Drip Moulding

123 698 09 30
123 698 10 30

Jake

·
Registered
'78 240D
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
drip moulding? that was my next guess. if i have to order through my dealer i'll scream! i hate them! i found about 10-12 parts cars yesterday though, mostly 300's and w126's but a couple 240's also. anybody need anything? let me know, i'm going out there tomorrow and i'll look for you...

·
Registered
1982 300CD
5,162 Posts
If you could price some drip molding for a coupe (300CD), I'd really appreciate it.

Mine was ripped and gnawed off in places, so I had to totally remove it. I need it under the door chrome, under the rear window, and the long strip around the top (all of it).

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
i have been thinking to convert my manual windows to power so any idea on that would be great - also i am in need of a set of wiper arms - Thanks Jake

·
Registered
'78 240D
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, i was going out there today but the clowns i hired to install my new windshield are MIA, these guys are worse that the cable company! if they get around to DOING THEIR JOB today i will head out there tomorrow with a digital camera and you guys can shop 'til your hearts are content from the pics. and of course, the drip moulding is very expensive, i only ever need the very expensive parts, never anything cheap and easy to replace. oh woe is me...i'll print this screen up and try my best to check out the parts you guys mentioned and get back to you. btw i drove a w126 for the first time yesterday, there is a definite lack of "feel" in those cars, maybe just that one, but i'll be sticking with the w123's for now.

·
Registered
83 300D-T
72 Posts
Hey vtharpe, where abouts in NO are you?
I have family in Metairie, we're planning a trip soon. I will have to check out that yard.

E-mail which boneyards you are talkn about...I might be interested if you find something sweet...I need to fix my Climate Control soon - the heat is comin'!

J

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I was wondering if you were able to price the "drip guard" for the 300CD? Mine's torn underneath the rear quarter window and it looks like a great place for water to enter and rust to get started. Also, do you know WHERE it's available, the dealer?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts