Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
SL63 Iridium Silver Metallic
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ha, I bought new bulbs for my turn signals, and the left one was easy to get out, but I can "TURN" the right side, but because of SBC (or ?) Braking module, it is an E X T R E M L Y tight fit, and although I have average or smaller sized hands, ha ha, I just can't seem to find room to PULL after TWISTING, and I think, unlocking the socket.

Thats just ridiculous, I can understand not making every thing easy, so we have to take it to stealership, but a TURN SIGNAL BULB !? Thats kind of insane !

I would appreciate any tips for folks, thanks very much ! :bowdown:

·
Registered
SL63 Iridium Silver Metallic
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eh, I gave up and asked stealership.

My car was already in there, and I would be upset a week from now had I not had time to mess with it. Well, it is done, but $38, later, my front end has matching headlights.

LOL

The things we do sometimes ... LOL :surrender:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Giving up

Soory you had to go to the dealer to fix this. I had the same issue and I have very large hands. The way I over came the issue is there is a slot in the frame above the lamp holder which I used to put a small bar through and between the bar and getting my hand back behind the pump (and quite scratched up) I was able to turn the holder and remove it. Unfortunatly the lamp was in good shape but the contacts in the headlight housing were not. Try to remove the housing if you think the lamp holder is a problem. I am one of those guys that can't take something in and have it fixed. I will dye trying to do it myself so after two hours I had the light out, repaired ($1000 + new) and re-installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts