Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 ML500 when you start the car for about 15 seconds in the odometer is shows to samll wrechs and -1000
whats this mean
thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,243 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, you're 1000 miles overdue for Service B.
 

·
Registered
'01 ML55
Joined
·
972 Posts
Fatdaddy06 said:
2004 ML500 when you start the car for about 15 seconds in the odometer is shows to samll wrechs and -1000
whats this mean
thanks
It means your overdue for service by 1000 miles or KMs depending if you are in metric or imperial.
 

·
Registered
98 ML320 / 06 S2000 / 12 E350 BTC
Joined
·
856 Posts
1. MAKE AN APPOINTMENT with your dealer to service your car!

2. Or the dealer forgot to reset it after you have done your service
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
we just had the oil changed at the dealer 3000 miles ago

they put Mobile 1 in should last longer then 3000 miles
 

·
Registered
98 ML320 / 06 S2000 / 12 E350 BTC
Joined
·
856 Posts
Fatdaddy06 said:
they put Mobile 1 in should last longer then 3000 miles

then they didn't reset the service counter for you ... you can do that yourself per intructions on your owners manual but remember the 3000 miles short difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,243 Posts
bohdistava said:
The 1000 represents miles until required servive. One wrench i believe is A service, two wrenchs is B service.
That's if you don't have the negative symbol.

The poster said that it shows up as -1000, meaning he is 1,000 miles or kilometers overdue, depending on where he is. But he said he just had oil changed, so it's just that it hasn't been reset. ;)
 

·
Registered
2005 ML 350 SE
Joined
·
31 Posts
gee

I guess its a good thing i didn't know about negative service indication, i have never been in that direction. i will try to read the post carefully in the future.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,243 Posts
bohdistava said:
I guess its a good thing i didn't know about negative service indication, i have never been in that direction. i will try to read the post carefully in the future.
I think I may have read it wrong, but I read somewhere, they had it up to -5000 miles. They kept wondering why it went up rather than count down to how many miles to service.

Luckily, the FSS just wasn't reset. :D
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top