Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'84 300DT, '97 S320
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking for something and while looking at the driver's seat from the back seat, I found this laying between the driver's seat right rail and console/tunnel. That little tab pushes all the way in. There is a little MB star imprinted on the back on one side with some letters (backwards R,G>PK<) and on the other, 1296900014. I just did a search on Discount Mercedes-Benz Parts, got this:

Collision Catalog
Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
1296900014 $7.25 $0.00 $5.38
Rear body and floor - Interior trim - Lid trim - Bracket
Bracket 1993 - 1999

OEM Catalog
Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
1296900014 $7.25 $0.00 $5.38

BRACKET,REAR

Would this be the item that goes into the trunk lid, right of center, close to the window side, that the the strap to the spare tire lid goes into, to hold it up ?

Attachments

·
Registered
'84 300DT, '97 S320
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks, assman300 & MEESEZ - because of where I found it, I thought it had to do something with the seat. But when I saw the wording at that parts site, 2+2 started to =4. Beats me why it was there. I also found a Bic pen there. Maybe a previous owner found it in the trunk, didn't know what it was, and put it in the console, and then it migrated. Thx for the picture, so I have a head start on knowing the orientation of it. Hopefully it will snap into place. I was getting tired of holding the spare tire lid open with my bald head. It's a little scratchy.

I had asked about that piece a few months ago. Now we have a part number.

·
Registered
M113 SL500
498 Posts
I've just found this bracket underneath my spare tire. Is there a rear piece that holds this bracket to the trunk trim panel?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts