Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Silver 1982 300SD Turbo Diesel. 1980 300D. Gold 1992 300TE Wagon
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I just picked up my car today it runs beautiful ! they replaced the cluster bulbs. and other things. Now the light that has the circle with the dashes around the outside of the circle is lit up and dims and brightens.
Question is this the brake indicator.:)

·
Registered
1984 500SEL
91 Posts
Definitely brake wear indicator. The sensor is touching as you are applying and releasing the brake. Although you would be able to tell as the car wouldn't be stopping as smoothly. I've had both the brake wear and the light out numerous times and have never heard of the light indicator dimming and lighting. It always just stays clearly on if one of your lights is out.

·
Registered
MB 300SE '90, anthrazite grey, black leather
192 Posts
Hi,I just picked up my car today it runs beautiful ! they replaced the cluster bulbs. and other things. Now the light that has the circle with the dashes around the outside of the circle is lit up and dims and brightens.
Question is this the brake indicator.:)
I replaced the front brake pads a couple of weeks ago (using the intstruction on this forum, thanks for those !); the warning light behaved just as you descibed: when sofly applying brakes, the light would flicker dimly, when pressing more firmly, the light became brighter and stayed on as long as the pedal was applied. One of the four pads was worn down to sensor level.

·
Registered
1983 500 SEC Lorinser 1971 280se w108
1,963 Posts
Although you would be able to tell as the car wouldn't be stopping as smoothly
The wear indicators earth when there is still a few millimeters of meat on the pads so you may not have any noticable diffrence in pedal feel,but still be due new pads
Change em before you damage your disks as well!

OT: 1000 posts for me :D

·
Registered
Silver 1982 300SD Turbo Diesel. 1980 300D. Gold 1992 300TE Wagon
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I have changed my brake pads on my 300D I will do this next week.
Thanks for the advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts