Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CLK320, 2009 E350
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed this a couple times now and have zero clue what it is. Today I went and got gas, came home and parked the car in the driveway. As I am moving stuff out of my truck, I hear what sounds like a electronic screeching sound that happens about every 20 seconds or so from the front driver wheel well area of the w211.

I couldn't find anything on this so I took a quick video and am posting this to see if anyone can help me?

I checked STAR and zero issues/faults. Nothing is coming back as an error.
2009 W211 with AMG package. I don't have SBC brakes nor do I have air suspension.
Retro fits done over the last couple years (though I don't think any of this has any bearing on it): Bi-xenon (non active curve) headlights, e55 caliper/rotor upgrade, rear illuminated overhead console, power opening/closing trunk.

You can hear the noise in the below video:
w211 electronic screeching noise from wheel well

Thanks much,
-Nigel

·
Registered
2008 E350 4M, 2016 Audi Allroad, 2019 Audi Q5
5,587 Posts
The fuse box is located right above the wheel well. Also power steering pump is close. Verify it’s not coming from the belt area

·
Registered
2005 CLK320, 2009 E350
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nigel i think its from another item not the wheel . I could just about hear it .
Yep, I know it's not the wheel but coming from that area, that's what I'm inquiring about.

Alarm siren with dying batteries?
hmmm, good point, I haven't look at it but that might be the case!

Do you have airmatic? Maybe airmatic air compressor ?
Car doesn't have air suspension as noted in the first post.

The fuse box is located right above the wheel well. Also power steering pump is close. Verify it’s not coming from the belt area
I'll have to get the car on the lift and check it out. Everytime this has done it, it's been on the ground.

You alarm batteries have failed.
That might be the case. I know I did have to replace the alarm module on our w209 years ago.

See attachments to isolate.
Thank you sir! As always great information. Might be leading towards the alarm module piece. Hopefully that's all it is since it's around that area and I can just replace it.

I'll update it once I check some things out this weekend.

-Nigel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts