Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'05 SL500, '88 560SL
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a leaver in top right side of my steering wheel. I can find no mention on what it does in the manual. It can only be pushed foward and back and has 2 options. The picture on it does not help any either. Any ideas? If no one has any I will post a pic of it later.

Thanks,
Randall

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
On the right side?...

I have a leaver in top right side of my steering wheel. I can find no mention on what it does in the manual. It can only be pushed foward and back and has 2 options. The picture on it does not help any either. Any ideas? If no one has any I will post a pic of it later.

Thanks,
Randall
If it's on the right side, it is probably for the Linguatronic system (voice command) that comes with the MB phone. The pictograph probably looks like a little mouth [:)]

·
Registered
'05 SL500, '88 560SL
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if my owners manual didn't say anything about this, is it possible i have the wrong manu...

if my owners manual didn't say anything about this, is it possible i have the wrong manual? i have noticed some small other differences too

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
I'm not certain...

if my owners manual didn't say anything about this, is it possible i have the wrong manual? i have noticed some small other differences too
Did you purchase the vehicle brand new? I know that for some MBzs, the stalk is not installed unless you have the MB phone and voice command system as well.

If you have a picture, it would certainly help me to verify that it is indeed what I think it is.

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts

If it looks like this lever I'm holding in the hand here, it's the Linguatronic.

http://www.whnet.com/4x4/vrm.html

·
Registered
S430,190E 2.6,SL500
194 Posts
On the S-Class, the lever is for Linguatronic voice control. Push it forward, wait for it to beep, and make a command. To cancel, push it backwards and the voice will say "cancel". As far as I know, there is no "owners manual" or any kind of instruction on how to use it. It's as basic as pushing it forward and backward.

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts
190E2.6 - 12/8/2003 7:16 AM
As far as I know, there is no "owners manual" or any kind of instruction on how to use it. It's as basic as pushing it forward and backward.

If you like an owner's manual, it's part number S-2765-000 from MBUSA.

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
On the W220, what years have the voice control switches in the steering wheel/airbag? Because every one I have seen has had it there, maybe it is 2000-2001 has it in the steering wheel column?

-s-

·
Registered
S430,190E 2.6,SL500
194 Posts
Thanks for the part number! I'll never trust my dealer again. This is the millioth time they lied to me about ordering things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts