Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

What is this green spring part name and part number?

365 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  PhantomLord 
#1 ·
On my 1994 Mercedes E320 wagon, I tried to removed the transmission rear case housing, removing all nine bolts. It was stuck due to the kickdown solenoid bolt was in the way (on the right side bottom of the transmission rear case facing me). So I removed the bolt from the kickdown solenoid and the transmission rear case housing was removed with ease. Then I notice something on the ground. There is a green spring that appears out of nowhere. Where does the green spring come from? I am guessing that this green spring came out of the kickback solenoid after I removed the bolt that I did not noticed it? If that is true, should I replace this green spring with a new one or could I bent it back into its regular shape without no harm, no foul? If I need to replace this green spring, what is the part name and number so I can order a new spring online? See the pictures. A diagram of the parts location would be helpful. Any comments, feedback and/or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks to all for reading this post.
Text Font
Wire Plant Snake
Text Font Organism Worm Art

See less See more
#5 ·
PhamptomLord, thanks for follow up with the latest picture and the exact location of the spring. I must have tilted something when I was removing the center console to replace the floor shifter and removing the 02 sensor. In addition, I was under the vehicle replacing some parts near the transmission tunnel area. Is this spring necessary to have? Can I bend it to close to normal and still works? I have not been at the center console lately to inspect any abnormalities on the passenger side area of the center console. How do I put this spring put back on where it should be? Any more comments, advice, feedback is greatly appreciated so I can resolve this problem, if it is a problem.

I will have to investigate further and follow up on this issue. Thanks to all for reading. Stay tune.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.