Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
It changes the pitch of your horn. One is for "city" while the other is for "country" where the pitch affects how far/clear you hear it.

·
190E, SLK350
66,972 Posts
If you press it once, it will eject the passenger/girlfriend/wife, you press it twice out goes the kids.
Don't worry the seats are equiped with parachutes, just don't use the button near electric lines or while driving in a tunel [}:)]

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
No I always told people that the red button (the hazard) is the eject button which is where the sunroof opens and they are ejected out cause it has arrows pointing up.

Most of them beleived it......the power of a Mercedes.[:)]

·
Registered
1988 560SEL sold:
4,717 Posts
Power of Mercedes pursuasion indeed.

Which setting is it on if I depress the half with the pictogram on it? (Since the manual I have at hand does not seem to clarify this I'd honk, but it's hard to try it out in a densely populated area)

·
Registered
w126 420 sel
622 Posts
i love the look of the hazard button. it is so unique and the look is solid. it reminds me of the red cover switch for rocke launchers in fighter planes. [8D]

·
Registered
500 SEC AMG, 560 SEL, 500 SL 6.0 AMG R129, CL 55 AMG Kompressor, 300 E W124, E 220 CDI W210, CL 500
782 Posts
Snibble - 4/30/2005 6:43 PM

It changes the pitch of your horn. One is for "city" while the other is for "country" where the pitch affects how far/clear you hear it.
yes it's true i have the same button on my 560 SEL because in France(in the past) you must haved a 2 horn (it's a law at this time)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts