Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 190E 2.6; 82 300 SD Turbo
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this lying on the floor when I ran cables for my subwoofer...

I think its for the cigarette lighter--if so Where do i Plug it in at?

Also where is my factory security system, someone said it was right in that area, I dont see anything that looks like one but I duno..Maybe i dont have one...duno

-Kris

·
Registered
88 560SEL
114 Posts
Looks kind of like an aerial plug. Maybe your car at some point had a two-unit Becker of Blaupunkt radio/stereo with the power-unit placed in the foot-well?

·
Registered
1984 500sel
35 Posts
it does look like an aerial plug. Im thinking a cb radio. I dont know if mercedes ever did this but jags used to have on their stock radios the ability to listen to cb chatter.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
huh, thats odd. I dont recall anyone mentioning this having a CB radio in it. I figured it was for the cig lighter, security system, or somthing like that. Anyway thanks for the thoughts and Sidney shut up. I know who you are hah....

·
Registered
1989 420sel
255 Posts
I'll bet that's and old style cell-phone antenna plug. In both my BMW and Benz I found the same thing, with electronic components, right after I bought them. The old style cell-phones had a mounted handset attached to a base unit that was hidden away. To make sure, I'd follow the wire and see where it goes...

The alarm is right under where that wire is - under a false panel that is inclined right where your feet would rest. Pull up the padding and at the bottom center of the panel you'll see a square opening where a hold down nut is located. Remove the nut and the whole panel lifts out. On the left is two modules that is the alarm system (Becker). Disconnect the two connectors and the alarm is disabled.

Hope this helps and let us know what you find.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i dont think i am getting to that security system any soon, that padding seems in there pretty good and the only way I see to get to it is take off that bottom thing which I tried and it only cracked and crumbled so i didnt mess with it...Any other ideas?

I'll trace that wire later its a bit cold outside..

I did find a hole in my driver's side seat in the leather [:(!] That will cost me to get it fix, then again the whole interior need some leather work here and there [retucks here--replace there].

I still have the original medkit from 82 haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts