Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Anyone know exactly what this is? I have a leack from the bottom screw.... getting worse.
Is it expensive or an easy fix?
What exactly does it do would help to.

Thanks

Rob

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
I'm going to take a wild guess here. Since you don't have the year of your car in your profile, and you list your location as Zurich, I'm going to say that it is the Euro version of the infamous servo for the ACCII (Automatic Climate Control - Type II). Or a control servo for the heater (Euro version-without Air Conditioning). I believe that there was a thread in the last few weeks from either Yka or Pex, where they had similar troubles. I seem to remember that they were able to find some repair parts, but it was difficult.

Maybe, if I am correct in identifying the unit, you might be able to find more information that will lead you to a source for parts.

Best wishes in your hunt for the fix,
Scott

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HI..... YEAH SORRY, ITS UNDER THE HOOD, ON THE PASSENGER SIDE (US MODEL) FIREWALL.RIGHT IN THE TOP LEFT CORNER BOLTED TO WHAT I THINK IS THE SERVO FOR THE A/C . . . . WHICH ALSO DOES NOT BLOW COLD FOR SOME REASON. HOPE THIS HELPS.

ROB

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.... its a 380SL USA model.... imported last year to Switzerland..... would this affect the A/C flowing cold in to the cabin, I have replaced the A/C Compressor etc. thanks a million for the help

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,599 Posts
That is the recirculating/auxiliary water pump. You have the ACCIII system.

Look in the EGv107 Sticky for the on line service manual.

·
It Is What It Is, Dude
22,839 Posts

That's the auxiliary water pump, to help circulate hot water at low engine RPM. MB part number 000 835 69 64.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Rowdie.... thanks for the help again.... any idea if I can make a temporary repair here by opening it and trying some gasket sealant?
I have one on order from US but will take 10 days to arrive :(
Are there any drawbacks if I open it?........ Cheers and have a great weekend

Rob

·
It Is What It Is, Dude
22,839 Posts

With an elbow pipe of the correct diameter you could temporarily remove it with no ill effect other than reduced heater efficiency.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts