Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 C320
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all let me start of by saying I am new to these forums, I have been reading some of the posts here and you guys are extremely knowledgeable.

Here's my question, I just purchased a 2004 C320 4matic Sedan and I want to change out the grille, but I want to make sure I get the one with the big star, I believe it's the CL grille but I'm not positive and I'm not sure where to go to find it.

I'm also curious as to how hard the installation is, are there any modifications that need to be made? Is it worth having the dealer put it on, and if so, what is the approximate labor cost?

Thanking everyone in advance

·
Registered
'01 C240
272 Posts
First of all let me start of by saying I am new to these forums, I have been reading some of the posts here and you guys are extremely knowledgeable.

Here's my question, I just purchased a 2004 C320 4matic Sedan and I want to change out the grille, but I want to make sure I get the one with the big star, I believe it's the CL grille but I'm not positive and I'm not sure where to go to find it.

I'm also curious as to how hard the installation is, are there any modifications that need to be made? Is it worth having the dealer put it on, and if so, what is the approximate labor cost?

Thanking everyone in advance
Mine[;)]

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
First of all, welcome to BenzWorld and congrats on your new car! I myself have a C320 4matic sedan as well.

There are a couple of choices as far as these grills. There is a Prestige grill (see link below) or there is a CL-style grill with a bigger star. The latter is extremely pricey at close to $600. The former is much less expensive. Check out the link below; you will also want the flat MB badge to go along with the grill.
http://www.formymercedes.com/mb_results.asp?model=W203&class=c-class_w203&category=Front Grilles

The grill is only held on by about ten 10mm (I think?) bolts from behind. You can easily swap it out yourself in 15 minutes. Your dealer will likely charge you a minimum of 1 hr labour to do the same.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Hey Enrique...

I'm curious. How does your grill mount anyway? The hood design of the CLK is a bit different than the sedan, so how does the bottom of your grill look? Is there a filler piece?

·
Registered
2004 C320
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Hey Enrique...

I'm curious. How does your grill mount anyway? The hood design of the CLK is a bit different than the sedan, so how does the bottom of your grill look? Is there a filler piece?
EXACTLY Drew! It's like an added piece that 'blends' w/the grill[:)]
enri007

Does this added piece come with the grill or is it extra? And if extra where can it be bought. Also, how how/lenghty is the installation?

Drew, thank you for the link & onfo above.

·
Registered
'01 C240
272 Posts
it all comes in the grill package you buy actually. body piece just needs to be painted...

it all comes in the grill package you buy actually. body piece just needs to be painted. easy to install[:)]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts