Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,<br>
<br>
I would like to know whether any of you encounter problems in your C coupe so far? <br>
<br>
Electrical problems, trim issues or major engine or tranny problems. Thinking about getting one!<br>
<br>
Thanks<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Doubt if there are any reliability issues this early.

It did just come out. I'd wait for another 3-6 months before expecting any feedback on reliability.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Doubt if there are any reliability issues this early.

I doubt that there are any serious engine &<br> transmission problems just because these items<br> are manufactured for more than 3 years now.<br> There was an issue with fuel pump check valve<br> (AFAIR) on the W203sedan/wagon but i think that<br> due to later deployment date of Sportcoupe, they<br> are not likely to be seen in Sc.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had my car for about 2.5 months, but 5000 miles, and have had the following problems:<br> <br> 1. Defective windshield cracked suddenly<br> 2. Engine has twice cut out for a split second at highway speed<br> 3. Engine is cold-blooded<br> 4. Musty/mildewy smell comes from HVAC vents after cold start<br> 5. Driver's seat wiggles very slightly in sharp turns<br> <br> All issues are to be addressed this Friday when the new windshield is scheduled for installation.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Doubt if there are any reliability issues this early.

Had mine for about 11 months now and so far no problems yet.<p>G018171.ppp.dion.ne.jp

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had C230K since nov 2001.<br>
<br>
1. Twice cut out in peak hour traffic. First time MB replaced the trunk SAM(?) module, said it detected an open circuit in the fuel pump circuit.<br>
Problem has occurred again since. This problem is hard to swallow, as it is my wife's car and we upgraded from a perfectly trouble free Honda CRV. Heck, I drive a freakin Ford truck that doesn't cut out!<br>
2. Various rattles, which I think I've found.<br>
3. Sofware bug in the menu system - if you switch off the ignition, and then switch off the radio on the radio before you open the door, the menu system reads 'Audio OFF' even though the radio is on when you start the car again.<br>
4. Same musty smell as previous poster.<br>
<br>
Other than the above, a really great car with loads of torque. It's sad, though, that I've owned a lot of cars, and the ones that have given the most trouble are BMW and Mercedes Benz. This is my first MB.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jeffrey . I am going through a lemon law suite with Mercedes as we speak. I need you to email me your name and your number with all of the problems that you have had with your car also. I am going to let Mercedes know that I am not the only one that has problems with this car. I think we need to stand together to get Mercedes to recall these cars until they get it fixed, before someone gets killed. I am trying to make a strong case for myself so that I can win this case, I really would appreciate your help. Thank Adrian C

1 - 8 of 8 Posts