Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1998 CLK 320
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

hi everybody from Turkey, today my car service worker said that my engine should have one part in that red circle. But he didn't know the part name. that part is for winter easy start as he said. Can u pls inform me about that part and what us it for?

·
Registered
1999 E320, 2003 E320 Wagon, 2005 C230K SS, 2010 Accord LX w Eibach & Koni FSD's
2,342 Posts
View attachment 2605297

hi everybody from Turkey, today my car service worker said that my engine should have one part in that red circle. But he didn't know the part name. that part is for winter easy start as he said. Can u pls inform me about that part and what us it for?
Looks like you have a lot of things missing there and some stuff that wasn't there when it left the factory.

The big thing missing in your red circle is the secondary air pump. It usually comes on when starting a cold engine.. It's a smog device to cut pollution when the engine is cold. It does NOT help to start the engine when the weather is cold.

20190831_095340.jpg

Part # 000 140 37 85

·
Registered
1998 CLK 320
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh understood, Because of that i have never figured out the missing part. I have had this car for 7 years and i didnt face with any problem.

Btw thanks for your reply. During the service check little workers had destroyed lots of klips under the hood. How can i find the part number of them ?

·
Registered
2001 CLK320 Cabrio
357 Posts
arifomer......since you have not fully filled out your profile with your location, vehicle and model year etc., it requires people to make guesses.

I believe you're in Turkey and that engine appears to be a M112, which was used on the W208 (CLK 320).

As shown on the below diagram, the M33 secondary air pump was only used vehicles intended for export to the USA.

To assist with cold starts, the engine management system initially sets the air/fuel mixture to rich and the purpose of the secondary air pump is to inject additional air into the exhaust system. On cold starts the pump will run until the fuel/air becomes leaner, which is typically around 15 seconds, This is done for the purpose of lower exhaust emissions. The added air, promotes both catalytic converter's efficiently and longevity.

If you enter you VIN into a Mercedes-Benz VIN Decoder, such as www.DataMB.com , you'll find all the production details concerning your vehicle.Through production, numerous updates and upgrades were made, so it's always best to use your specific VIN, for part numbers (e.g. available from the MB electronic parts catalog (EPC) or MB dealerships).

·
Registered
1998 CLK 320
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
arifomer......since you have not fully filled out your profile with your location, vehicle and model year etc., it requires people to make guesses.

I believe you're in Turkey and that engine appears to be a M112, which was used on the W208 (CLK 320).

As shown on the below diagram, the M33 secondary air pump was only used vehicles intended for export to the USA.

To assist with cold starts, the engine management system initially sets the air/fuel mixture to rich and the purpose of the secondary air pump is to inject additional air into the exhaust system. On cold starts the pump will run until the fuel/air becomes leaner, which is typically around 15 seconds, This is done for the purpose of lower exhaust emissions. The added air, promotes both catalytic converter's efficiently and longevity.

If you enter you VIN into a Mercedes-Benz VIN Decoder, such as www.DataMB.com , you'll find all the production details concerning your vehicle.Through production, numerous updates and upgrades were made, so it's always best to use your specific VIN, for part numbers (e.g. available from the MB electronic parts catalog (EPC) or MB dealerships).

View attachment 2605587
İ will fill my profile sorry for that. And thanks for the reply. How can i find the VIN number ?

i was checking

for parts number now i want to look your suggestion website but i dont know how to find VIN number

·
Registered
2001 CLK320 Cabrio
357 Posts
The VIN can be found by looking at the dashboard on the driver's side of the vehicle. The easiest way to view it is to stand outside the vehicle on the driver's side and look at the corner of the dashboard where it meets the windshield. If the VIN cannot be found there, open the driver's side door and look at the door post (where the door latches when it is closed). It is likely that the VIN will also be displayed in this location.

·
Registered
1998 CLK 320
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The VIN can be found by looking at the dashboard on the driver's side of the vehicle. The easiest way to view it is to stand outside the vehicle on the driver's side and look at the corner of the dashboard where it meets the windshield. If the VIN cannot be found there, open the driver's side door and look at the door post (where the door latches when it is closed). It is likely that the VIN will also be displayed in this location.

Thanks u helped alot. Can u pls help me to find that clips too ?

·
Registered
2001 CLK320 Cabrio
357 Posts
Thanks serndipity but i couldnt find it above list
The item you showed circled in the picture is on the upper tie bar (#1 below).

circled

Note that in the radiator parts diagram, the top of radiator has a couple of tabs. Perhaps either items 3 or 4 in the radiator diagram, is used to secure the radiator tabs into the upper tie bar.Try googling those part numbers, to see if one of them makes sense.

·
Registered
1998 CLK 320
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The item you showed circled in the picture is on the upper tie bar (#1 below).

View attachment 2605728 circled

Note that in the radiator parts diagram, the top of radiator has a couple of tabs. Perhaps either items 3 or 4 in the radiator diagram, is used to secure the radiator tabs into the upper tie bar.Try googling those part numbers, to see if one of them makes sense.
Yes including part is number 1. And i googled the part number. But i couldnt find that plastic non important clips.

Maybe i can use this klips instead of that original one.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
18,940 Posts
With the new forum software, that information no longer shows on the left side panel. I would still suggest filling out your profile information, but also put critical info like exact car(s) model and year, plus your location in the first few lines of your signature (like mine below). That will then appear below all posts and help other members know what you have and where you are.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
With the new forum software, that information no longer shows on the left side panel. I would still suggest filling out your profile information, but also put critical info like exact car(s) model and year, plus your location in the first few lines of your signature (like mine below). That will then appear below all posts and help other members know what you have and where you are.
And...............how do you do that! Can't find signature in profile anymore. This new format is SUCKY, very hard to navigate through even after all these weeks!

Changing names also doesn't help i.e. "Subscribed" to "Following", "PM" to "Conservations" etc.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
And...............how do you do that! Can't find signature in profile anymore. This new format is SUCKY, very hard to navigate through even after all these weeks!
Never mine......found it.

Gilda Radner.jpg

·
Registered
1998 CLK 320
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok i have changed my signature?

Can u pls help to find that clips ?

İt is similar tothis but not same

1 - 18 of 18 Posts