Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When removing the transmission rear case housing, on the back or behind, there is this yellow piece felled out. It looks like it is connected to one of the holes on the back of the housing. Anyone out there knows about this piece and where does it goes? Does this piece need to be replace?
P1010010_10.JPG
P1010011_8.JPG
Comments, feedback is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did some research on this part. I found out it is called OIL PIPE SPEEDOMETER DRIVE. This particular part goes inside the rear transmission somewhere (after removing the rear case housing). This particular is noticable on the diagram that pertains to 722.393 and 722.356 transmissions and not on my 722.369 transmission, which is strange. Apparently, the part in the above picture is a complete part and nothing missing or broken. Probably this part fell off from the hole or opening after removing the transmission rear case housing. The question now remains, as far as the part is concern, where does this part goes in what hole inside the shaft area of the rear transmission case? Interesting!! Thanks to all for reading.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the diagram/picture of the oil pipe speedometer drive, item 44. In addition, it appears that the seal ring, item 47 goes in the oil pipe speedometer drive, which is both shown in the above picture (camera image). Does that mean the oil pipe speedometer drive and the seal ring goes inside the washer flange to transmission case, item 41, and that alone will secure/tighten the oil pipe speedometer drive? Comments, feedback, advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks to all for reading.
B27045000008.950531.png

1 - 3 of 3 Posts