Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the transmission 722.3, I am trying to remove and replace this piece of metal bracket that goes on the transmission shift that connects to the shifter rod linkage to the gear floor shifter. See the pictures below. As from the looks of the pictures, it appears the metal bracket is bent and out of shape. I was abled to remove the bolt and nut using 10mm socket. Somehow this so-called metal bracket will not remove from the slot as shown in the pictures. I tried to research this particular item and not knowing the name and part number and so far no luck. What is the name and part number of this particular metal bracket that I am trying to remove and replace? Can anyone shed any light on how to remove this piece? Advice, comments, feedback, etc., is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
What are your symptoms that lead you to think this part is faulty? Is the shifter not engaging the gears? Hard to move the shift lever?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LogicalPosition and sbaert. thanks for both of yours posts. Yes, it was flex disc failure that caused multiple issues that I am currently working on. I had to replace the floor shifter, new flex discs, driveline, rod shifter, etc.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sbaert, thanks for the picture in your last post. I am still researching this shift shaft lever and its part number.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
In the parts catalog, its "Lever, Range Selector", A1262780920 for my 1993 320CE cabrio (and presumably anything else using a 722.3).

To remove it, you'd remove that nut bolt and washer, then spread it a bit with a big flat screw driver and it shoudl just slide right off.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just found that myself looking at that part name and number earlier. It is called Lever Range Selector part number 1262780920 based on a diagram. Thanks LeftGeekCoast for verifying and confirming this particular part.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Looking like a pull off job its in bad condition anyhow .Job for the Dremel with small cutting disc .But wont it just lever of with a pair of open ended spanners nothing holding it on there .

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was abled to removed the Lever Range Selector using a screwdriver by poking it around and lifting it up. See the photos I enclosed. It sure looks real beat up and bent.
P1010007_8.JPG
P1010007_8.JPG
P1010008_6.JPG
I ordered a replacement Lever Range Selector. Thanks to all for reading and those who posted their comments, advice, feedback.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
dmorgan1952
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing