Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 BLACK ML 320E
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is their a distinct difference between Carnuba Wax and the Clay Bar System? Can I achieve a better shine by using one over the other? If so is their any pros and cons to using these systems? Can their be any after effects to my paint?

Any info will be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
2006 C230 WZ
257 Posts
I think you're completly confused.
They are two completely different things that serve completely different purposes.

A clay bar is just a tool to clean incrusted particles from your paint. And this is normally used as preparation to a was application.

A clay bar will not give you any shine or protection of any kind. What you normally do is: wash - clay - wash - polish - wax - seal

A caranuba wax, its .. a wax (duh...) that contains some concentration of caranuba, a waxy substance obtained from a tree that grows in the amazon basin. Caranuba its a very hard natural wax that can be used to bring shine, depth and some protection to the paint of your car.

Caranuba waxes, as opposed to synthetic waxes (those made out of petroleum drivatives), provide a greater depth and shine, but are harder to apply and are washed away fatster.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts