Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound silly, but what is the dial above and slightly to the right of the headlight control knob with a square on the botton and a circle on the top. I find no mention of it in the owner's manual, and I don't really notice any change when I move the dial.

Kenneth

·
Registered
SLK32
915 Posts
Are you referring to the the vertical wheel next to the vent? If so, that is to open and close the vent. If not, I need a picture.

·
Registered
SLK32 AMG
121 Posts
Ejection Seat?

Aha!! That explains my missing brother-in-law.[:I]

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
1,219 Posts
cvayala - 2/16/2005 8:06 PM

Are you referring to the the vertical wheel next to the vent? If so, that is to open and close the vent.
That is the only thing I see, except mine has the square on the top and the circle on the bottom. There is one between the vents at the center of the dash and one on the right side of the vent on the pax side.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RE: what is the dial above the headlight control -- silly me

That was a silly question. It was actually the control for the vent. I am really not usually such a twit. I am coming to the SLK from a 2001 Audi TT just assumed the dial was for something else more interesting. On my old TT, the climate control computer always automatically monitored and managed the flow and volume of air.

I will try not to ask such twitty questions in the future.

Kenneth

1 - 7 of 7 Posts