Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the exact measurements. I herd even 19"s can ruin the smoothness of the ride. Which is one of the most important things to me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Does anyone know the exact measurements. I herd even 19"s can ruin the smoothness of the ride. Which is one of the most important things to me.
i have 19" and the ride is harsher and the road noise has increased quite a bit... its definately noticable.. and my tires are still new, so im expecting more noise when they wear down... i had the 17" originally.

I cant imagine how 20" would be...

·
Registered
2008 C300 4Matic
109 Posts
I think 18 inches would be ideal, personally i wouldn't go more than 18 because of the performance and ride issues.

·
Registered
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 sport
49 Posts
i have 19" and the ride is harsher and the road noise has increased quite a bit... its definately noticable.. and my tires are still new, so im expecting more noise when they wear down... i had the 17" originally.

I cant imagine how 20" would be...

Just food for thought, curious if the wheels u have are made JUST for MBs or do they fit different vehicles wit the same bolt pattern. If so then u need to remove the center cap of the wheels and check and see if u have the hard plastic adapter that goes between the wheel and the hub center. If missing this will cause more vibration to the wheels at higher speeds.

If they are actually made JUST for MBs , then u need to look into rebalancing the wheels. Maybe at another shop, than the first. Cause I have 20s on Falken 235/30, thats about 2.5"s of tire and I still have a very smooth ride, unless I am travelling on a bumpy road, but no more than what I would feel if I was on factory tires.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
Peruvian - Is your MB on stock suspension with the 20's?

·
Registered
2008 C300 Sport 4Matic
79 Posts
The major difference except for the awesome handling is a little road noise when parking or driving slow and turning. Otherwise, the ride is fine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
DONT NO WHY IT REPLIED LIKE 15 TIMES LOL

anyway im still on stock suspension, but ordering the h&r soon, thanks universe, it turns alot of heads in Germany, they are limited to what they can put on vehicles over here, or at least the styles are limited.

·
Registered
2013 C300 Sport Darth V 3.0
788 Posts
Doesn't changing the size affect the speedo reading?

·
Registered
92 Posts
road noise when on the freeway is noticable, especially if i am driving over a seam on the freeway and the stereo if off. the tires are balanced, & the wheels are make for MB, but I can tell there is still a slight but noticable difference between the 17" and the 19"

Of course with the stereo on, i dont notice any difference in road noise.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does anyone have exact measurements on the 18"s or 19"'s? Ive searched tons of wheel websites with none that have it capable to choose 2008 Benz C300.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
Not really. If you go with the right size tire, the overall diameter is the same. The computer or car doesn't care how wide your tires are or how big the rim is, just the height overall.
Yes and you can find on-line tire size calculator/worksheets to compare different sizes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts