Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the best set up for a soft comfortable ride lowering job. What components should I use?<br> <br> 1. H&R Spring with Konis or Bilsteins or Stock<br> 2. Eibach Spring with Konis or Bilsteins or Stock<br> 3. H&R Cup kit<br> <br> What adjustments or setting should I use? This is my daily driver and I am looking for an appearance upgrade only. Please comment. Thanks.<br>

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i'd say go with Eibachs with the Bilsteins

because eibach is the producer of AMG springs and the CLK 55 AMG has amg springs that are produced by eibach and it also has bilstein springs, so you know the ride will be good, just take a ride in a CLK 55 to check it out

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am think #2 because it rides really good.

This is so subjective. I like the very lower look but I will have to drive very carefully with #3 the H&R Cup kit. It may be a little low for the street but I have been told that it rides really nice. Please comment further.<br>
Thank you for your wonderful comments. This is still a very difficult decision.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am also thinking about lowering my car. Where is the best deal to get the Eibach Spring and how much lower does Eibach get me?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Best for a soft ride is to get the dealer to remove the rubber spring perches..

This will drop your car 1' without adding any stiffness to the car.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Best for a soft ride is to get the dealer to remove the rubber spring perches..

What exactly do these perches do? Sounds like a nice way to get the effect desired, but don't want to risk dmaging the car!<br> <br> -B-

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is great if it does no harm and no noise. Please comment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts