Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There isn't one right now...

Mercedes-Benz AMG cars are probably the equivalent to Audi's S cars, spiritually, at least. Right now M-B doesn't have an AMG C-class to compete with the S4. The upcoming C32 AMG will have a 0-100kph time of 5.2s, so 0-60mph should be 5.1s or even 5.0s. The official 0-60mph of the S4 is 5.9s. The C32 AMG will outperform the S4 easily, but at a starting price of $50K, it sure as hell better! The C32 is supposed to arrive in the U.S. next September with a supercharged 3.2L V6 with 349hp and 332ft-lb.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've been looking pretty seriously at getting an Audi S4,<br>I'm interested in the performance aspects of the car. At my<br>MB dealer this weekend, I noticed the C-class special edition sport<br>package. With the new c coming out, what is comparable in performance,<br>and styling to the s4?<br>thanks!<br>sqweak

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
S4 vs new C

I heard that the A4 body (S4 as well) will be changed in 2001. No official word yet, just rumors. The new C definitely looks better.<p>If the rumors are true that a new A4 body will come out, the looks of the S4 might go out of style just as old Audi's have been. <p>The C32, if you've seen it has more than enough power to rival the S4 and the new M3 with looks to boot. Maybe someone here can give some performance figures. <p>I think someone posted pics of this car on thread somewhere below. <p>The only advantage of the S4 I could think of is it's quattro system. Traction heaven. Unlike most MB cars that are Rear wheel, but comes with traction control. Still, AWD is the best.<p>Regards.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually, isn't one in the US at all.....(more)

Driven the '01 S4 (new A4 coming in '02MY - who knows about the S4 after that). Fast, 6 speed (pretty clunky though, IMHO), quattro, did I mention fast? :eek:) I have some problems w/ Audi though (go check out audiworld for the running gripe list) plus any mods on the S4 and you are in warranty hell (chipping, etc.). It is a sweetheart of a car though - definitely the best bang for the buck in the $40K German crowd!<p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts