Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1983 380SL, ivory/dk brown, 46k miles, dual roller timing chain. 1986 560SL, red/white, 190K mile.
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
A few weeks ago I had a metal carport erected.
Thought about going full kahuna with concrete pad, sides, roll up door, and lift but I'm 72 and probably wouldn't be able to use it for long.
Still pondering that decision.
Nobby, you still a young man ... go fer it :)

Front1.jpg

·
Registered
1977 450SL
28 Posts
Got new plugs, wires, cap and rotor, fuel filter, oil filter for the car. Sort of a Christmas present to myself so I start working on the car!

·
Registered
'80 450SLC Afro RHD Ikonengold
2,885 Posts
My 107 got an early present this year: my time priority.

About to complete the chain job (actually just need the offset woodruff), preparing for the tappet/valve reshimming (never done since I put new cams and rockers 12-13 yrs ago), water pump and all the eroded alu bits around it, alternator regulator (pushing only 13.6V), radiator re-core (leaking like a sieve), broken seat back (got a pair of seats for parts),
The final gift this year (well, next year) will be the registration plates.... she's been a garage queen for way too long it has already taken a too dear toll.

·
Registered
1983 380SL, ivory/dk brown, 46k miles, dual roller timing chain. 1986 560SL, red/white, 190K mile.
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Purchased a new wind deflector that fits prefect, and I no longer lose my hat while hauling Butt down the Turnpike
Dennis, I thought you had a 280SL. When did you acquire that 560SL?

·
Premium Member
.89 560sl..07
2,184 Posts
Dennis, I thought you had a 280SL. When did you acquire that 560SL?
Carl, I bought a 1989 560SL at a auction in Paso Robles, Ca in 2014 For $4K;
then started a mini restro in which I replaced all the rubber for the complete car, replaced tie rod ends , both front and rear brakes and calipers. In 2016 I bought a house in
the villages Florida, and put my 46 acre ranch up for sale. I spent t months in Calif, may
thru Sept, the 7 months in florida. I sold off all my 280sl cars, and did a complete
repaint on the 560Sl in 2018 In calif in my shop. Had a buyer in October, and while the escrow was in process, drove “Sweetcheeks” from calif to Florida, and flew back to calif early Nov and closed the sale in Nov 2019. Now Im in my home in florida enjoying
the golf, widowed women, cheaper gas prices, cheaper insurance, and no state income tax.
im saving $3500.00 every month living in florida.

·
Premium Member
.89 560sl..07
2,184 Posts
Carl, I bought a 1989 560SL at a auction in Paso Robles, Ca in 2014 For $4K;
then started a mini restro in which I replaced all the rubber for the complete car, replaced tie rod ends , both front and rear brakes and calipers. In 2016 I bought a house in
the villages Florida, and put my 46 acre ranch up for sale. I spent t months in Calif, may
thru Sept, the 7 months in florida. I sold off all my 280sl cars, and did a complete
repaint on the 560Sl in 2018 In calif in my shop. Had a buyer in October, and while the escrow was in process, drove “Sweetcheeks” from calif to Florida, and flew back to calif early Nov and closed the sale in Nov 2019. Now Im in my home in florida enjoying
the golf, widowed women, cheaper gas prices, cheaper insurance, and no state income tax.
im saving $3500.00 every month living in florida.
Carl, I celebrated my 79 th birthday on Dec 10, and i longer have to work my butt off
keeping that 46 acres neat and clean,. Sold off my 140 goats herd, the 15 head of white faced herefords, gave my 2 border collies herding dogs to a good friend in Calif, and
rescued a 3 pound Pomeranian dog as my sidekick. no more $3600 dollar fire insurance
for the calif ranch or the $10k property tax. I play golf 3 days a week, go dancing with the widow women on wensday and friday night and watch TV other nights. LIFE IS GOOD!!

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Carl, I celebrated my 79 th birthday on Dec 10, and i longer have to work my butt off
keeping that 46 acres neat and clean,. Sold off my 140 goats herd, the 15 head of white faced herefords, gave my 2 border collies herding dogs to a good friend in Calif, and
rescued a 3 pound Pomeranian dog as my sidekick. no more $3600 dollar fire insurance
for the calif ranch or the $10k property tax. I play golf 3 days a week, go dancing with the widow women on wensday and friday night and watch TV other nights. LIFE IS GOOD!!
Oh yeah I do remember a few years ago that you posted a photo of one of those "widow women", and I jokingly posted back asking you to Air Mail some real estate listings :) Looks like you are having a great time. Enjoy the women but don't over do it :)

I see you following some good advice:

·
Registered
1974 450SL (always needs something!) new djet engine 1991; 1961 Besasie X-3 (being restored)
790 Posts
A gift certificate for a new top

21 - 32 of 32 Posts