Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
1983 380SL, ivory/dk brown, 46k miles, dual roller timing chain. 1986 560SL, red/white, 190K mile.
Discussion Starter #1
What is Santa likely to bring your R107?

Mine ... nothing, they been bad girls, caused me trouble this year :)

Registered
'79 450SL, '04 CLK200 convertible; former A124, W210, A209.
Same here Carl, frankly it feels like I'm seeing Santa every other week this year so far.... Once the restore is completed I might get my eye on the Nardi steering wheel, it's growing on me and will probably flower for Christmas 2020. 馃槀

Registered
1984 380SL
Replacing the after-market wiper blades with original stainless steel version. Been on the bucket list for a while. We'll see if santa comes through

Registered
1994 E320, 1985 280SL
New emblem and new fog light lenses and head light lenses.

DHartman66 - I hope you get them, the stainless versions look WAY better on the car.

Registered
Mercedes 560SL 1988
Timing chain, guides, tensioner, valve covers. Santa already sent the new Timevalve Stainless Exhaust system and new tires :).

Registered
w108 & w107
new foglights, and a period becker radio to replace the modern piece of crap unit that's in there at the moment.

Registered
1990 300E 4Matic, 1987 560SL
A car cover for these long winter days, and nights in hibernation. Also a new timing chain, guides, tensioner, and injectors as stocking stuffers.

Registered
1989 Mercedes SL560
DHartman66, I have the original Stainless Steel wiper blades but the rubber is shot, can I just buy the rubber wiper part, or do I have to buy the whole blade.

Registered
1985 280SL (Euro)
Replacing the after-market wiper blades with original stainless steel version. Been on the bucket list for a while. We'll see if santa comes through
I did that a while ago - ouch! Bosch is not cheap compared to the after market stuff. Crazy really as I don't take the car out in the rain so the only use they get is if I get caught in an unexpected shower. That said they do look a lot better

Registered
1984 380SL
DHartman66, I have the original Stainless Steel wiper blades but the rubber is shot, can I just buy the rubber wiper part, or do I have to buy the whole blade.
I have found a few places on Ebay that have just the rubber inserts. Reasonably priced, too:

Registered
1984 380SL
I did that a while ago - ouch! Bosch is not cheap compared to the after market stuff. Crazy really as I don't take the car out in the rain so the only use they get is if I get caught in an unexpected shower. That said they do look a lot better
Got lucky and found a set for $70. Let's hope that the picture was of what I am going to received and not a "Close proximity".

Premium Member
1985 380SL
Notta.........bringing Mrs. Spock to Eleuthera for 2 weeks over the holidays has me tapped out.

Registered
1985 380sl
Would love to do that someday. This Christmas, however, I shall be receiving window buffing supplies & tools to buff out the fine grain scratches on my windshield caused by many years in the sandy desert.

Registered
1981 380SL, 2012 GLK 350, 2008 Corvette, 2002 Nissan Xterra, 1965 Dodge Dart Wagon
I've been waiting for a new Climate Control kit for mine since October. Postal Service lost the last one. New one is supposed to ship any day now. Can't drive it until i get it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts