·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Was a 2001 SLK 230 K
154 Posts
From the chart in the list of colors............

You see there is only one Charcoal, so it's that color, and color code # 463, and it states it's for both the CLK & SLK Hope that helps!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ernest.
I forgot to mention that mine is 99 230Kompressor. They list on the website that chacoal is for 00(?).
It does look darker than mine (in the picture).
You are sure it is Charcoal? Does it is written anywhere on my vehicle (like the exterior color code)?

·
Registered
Mercedes 600
1,171 Posts
In the 1999 catalog the color cahrcoal is listed as #221. It appears the same as the 2000's.

·
BenzWorld R170 SLK Host
2002 SLK32 AMG
2,652 Posts
Charcoal (code 221).

I think the color code for charcoal changed at the facelift (March 2000), but I don't know if the colors are exactly the same or not. I would guess not since all of the other colors changed.

·
BenzWorld R170 SLK Host
2002 SLK32 AMG
2,652 Posts
More on charcoal...

There were three color codes for Charcoal interior on US-spec SLKs.

221 Pre-Facelift SLK230 (ending February 2000)
211 Post-Facelift SLK230/320 (starting March 2000)
881 SLK 32 AMG only

·
Registered
2003 S600
265 Posts
just received my lestherworks bottle of paint today for my salsa red.
it is a very thin water based paint it looks like it is going to take MANY coats to get the black to go away. Thank God I only have a few flecks off here and there.
The color is pretty darn good when it dries.
i will update but so far i have a long way to go. have done three coats (they say 3-4) and black is only partially going away. I think im going to need at least 5 or more coats.
good luck with yours!

·
Registered
1998 SLK230
178 Posts
Since you mentioned it, what is the color code for the salsa?

·
Registered
98 SLK
24 Posts
I have a charcoal/black interior in my '98 SLK. I have the same problem, the interior paint is always peeling off. Got tired painting it almost every year. Last year, I decided to just strip off all the painted dash and center. Looks much better after it was striped. Now my interior is all black.

·
Registered
SL550
949 Posts
Can you explain the process you used to strip off the console surface?

Message in subject line.

SLK-Manila - 5/26/2004 8:16 PM

I have a charcoal/black interior in my '98 SLK. I have the same problem, the interior paint is always peeling off. Got tired painting it almost every year. Last year, I decided to just strip off all the painted dash and center. Looks much better after it was striped. Now my interior is all black.

·
Registered
98 SLK
24 Posts
RE: Can you explain the process you used to strip off the console surface?

Delicately I used the 3M paint remover on the dash and center console box. It took me an entire day to carefully remove the paint. After it is all removed, I used a wet sponge (with soap) to wash away the paint remover. Then I used Mcguirre's dashboard cleaner to make it shine. This will only work with black interior, if you have colored interior (red, blue), it may look funny. I'll take some pictures of my dashboard over the weekend a post it here.

·
Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Sport
2,713 Posts
Is there a reference list somewhere that lists all the color codes for the R170?

·
Registered
SOLD: 99 SLK230 K 96 C220 K 06 E200 K
398 Posts
Not exactly what's you asked for but...
1. The dealer can tell you your color code by VIN number. They also can tell you the list of colors available.
2. Found that the leatherworldtech 'charcoal' does't quite match my charcoal. If you wanna repaint, I suggest to get a sample piece of your interior to have it custom-matched. Mine cost $35 at local upholstery shop. 100% match.

·
Registered
2004 SL500 2002 SLK320
1,672 Posts
I can not get a list of colors from the dealer on my SLK320 and SL500. They tell me my trim code for the SL500 is 201 and the SLK320 is 211. But on my SL500, the A-piler, upper dash, lower dash, and seats are different colors. Even on the SLK320, the upper dash, lower dash, a-piler, leather seats are a different color.

The 463 from www.Leathermagic.com matches perfectly with my leather seats on my 2002 SLK320. I just repaired a scratch this week and the color matches so perfectly that you can not see the damage. LeatherMagic has phone support to help you out.

Did someone say there is a list of color codes here?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.