Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaning the trunk / boot, moved the side panel and found this.
Any ideas as to what they are suposed to connect to?

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
The plug on top (four blade white connector) looks like it might possibly be stock, but the big round plug on the bottom is a military "cannon plug".

I've never seen an automotive application use one, so I'd be pretty sure someone was hacking at the wiring harness!

You might try pulling the liner out of the trunk on that side and see where it leads to.
I'm curious now, as to what the prior owner had hooked up in there!
The only thing I would think likely would be a radio.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
The plug on top (four blade white connector) looks like it might possibly be stock, but the big round plug on the bottom is a military "cannon plug".

I've never seen an automotive application use one, so I'd be pretty sure someone was hacking at the wiring harness!

You might try pulling the liner out of the trunk on that side and see where it leads to.
I'm curious now, as to what the prior owner had hooked up in there!
The only thing I would think likely would be a radio.
Definately an MS cannon plug. Maybe the PO put in some ECM and radar jamming :) Too funny!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I followed the grey "cannon wires". They led to the centre console but were not attached to anything, just taped off. The plug on top (four blade white connector) has red / black and two brown wires which lead to the ENGINE compartment. I lost them near the fuse/relay box. The search will continue when I have more time . I will also take a snap of the cannon..
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts