Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two w124's...was going to go to dealership or order online some of the blue coolant since it's been about 30k and 3 years.
Does anyone know how many gallons of the stuff I should buy for both the OM602 diesel and the M104 gas?

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
zerex g05, readily available at most big-box auto stores, is the equiv of what Mercedes was using when these cars were new. The current mercedes coolant is G48, which may last a little longer, and may be more tolerant of hard water. I mix my G05 50-50 with distilled water, its good for 3-5 years.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, ..i will look into.
Does anyone know how many gallons the om602 takes? Also how many gallons that the m104 takes?
(50 50 mix or not)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
IIRC, they are both just shy of two gallons. If you get two gallons of coolant and two gallons of distilled water that should cover both cars with maybe a quart of each left over. I can double check my owner's manual when I go down to the garage later (if I remember... haha!).

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Okay, looks like the actual capacity is about 2.5 gallons each (9.5 liters). You probably won't get that much out on just a change, though, so the refill will probably be closer to 2 gallons. I usually put half a gallon of coolant in the half a gallon of distilled water. Then I mix the leftover water and coolant so I have better control over the mix ratio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts