Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1983 300SD, 1969 280SE, 2007 C230
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is annoying you?

There are several small things I tend to ignore that bother me a lot about my car!

A noise under the dashboard, sagging sun visors, odometer not counting, damaged window felts, etc.

Are there any samll annoying things about your MB that you know you can but haven't fixed?

·
Registered
1968 250SE S-Class. 1988 560SEC S-Class Widebody
821 Posts
Odometer and gear selector indicator, I know they are fixable but too much trouble at this point. just couldn't be bothered :)

·
Registered
1967 250SE (W108)
115 Posts
Need to replace a leaking heater core. Just not ready to take the whole dash apart and be out of service for that long. There is that door stop that's not working either.

·
Registered
73 280SE 4.5, 71 300SEL, 03 BMW Z4, 72 Fiat 850, 80 Triumph TR7, 85 Porsche 911
2,280 Posts
Interior lights. And the vacuum locking mechanisms for the doors, though I unhooked the system on purpose when troubleshooting a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
1981 300TD 360k--1966 230 165k--1970 280se 172k
647 Posts
On the w108:
dome light keeps falling out
headliner has pulled out along top of rear windshield
clock inoperable
delaminating windshield wood trim
blower stopped working

On the w110:
clock works at random
ratty windlace
sticky outside air flap lever
missing left underdash panel
broken driver's upper door panel trim

·
Premium Member
1989 560sec 6.0L AMG & Renntech
2,355 Posts
My euro impact panels still haven't shown up for the e55. Stupid US models :rocketwhore:

The Falkens I have on the E55 are crap. Worst tires I've driven on besides Goodyears. As soon as snow season comes, I am planning on doing many burnouts to destroy them, so I can put some MPSS's on it come spring time.

Front windshield is slightly pitted, so I need to replace that eventually... maybe I'll just let the next guy worry about that though. I just don't feel like it.

The 300sel is having some teething issues: needs paint, rust repair, new airbags and pump (basically the whole system which costs $6k plus my time to install), wood trim needs refinished, front seats need recovered, SS trim needs polishing.

My mother's 280se 4.5 needs a PS pump and new whitewall Michelins (wherever those can be found at this time is beyond me).

The Alfa needs a new windshield washer pump and reservoir.

That's about it! Everything else is working great for the time being.

·
Registered
02 E55 AMG, 99 E55 AMG , 2002 Audi ar 2.7T Sold, 2008 Jeep SRT 8 Sold , 2006 TBSS Sold. The Germans
81 Posts
My W210 E55 Rims are peeling , the rim restore guy keeps avoiding me, Need new Shocks and brakes , doing that next week. My 02 Audi's dreaded suspension light is on and the car wont raise past level one. New bags and pump done , i think its a sensor. Need to diag it b4 the cold weather comes around.

·
Premium Member
1983 300SD, 1969 280SE, 2007 C230
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hate it....

Two very small chips, exactly on my line of sight
Damaged and faded window channels and felts, they make my old car look old!
Brocken and noisy quarter window seals. Every time I pass 35mph I can here the wind noise and I hate it!
Odometer not working. I hate to change the oil by time instead of distance!
Miniscule water damaged in wood veneer, next to the ignition key.
Sun roof dragging and leaking
Mystery short in rear left turn signal
Trunk light not working
Passenger seat belt not fully installed, make me feel guilty every time I have a passenger onboard.

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts
Mystery short in rear left turn signal

Usually a ground issue, I had to take mine out several times cleaning connections until I got it right.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh - where to begin!

Every time I go out, "Wow man - beautiful car!"

I'm thinking: clock, odometer, dome light, window felts, leaking tail light lens, chips, door dings, poor respray of trunk, worse buff out of hood (repaint everything???)

Each by itself a minor annoyance (except maybe respraying everything - but is it worth it?)

At least the Becker works and she purrs like a kitten!

·
Registered
W212 E250 Bluetec 4Matic, W210 E55 AMG, W202 C43 AMG, W126 300SE, W111 220SE
205 Posts
Ha. Fintail has so many little issues, it is kind of like Mr. Burns - it has so many ailments that they all balance each other out and the car continues to run (admittedly very well lately)

Most nagging: weird front tire wear, tires themselves are ancient, clock doesn't work, gas gauge is finicky, steering wheel needs refinishing, cold start system is occasionally lumpy when warm, car will eventually need some major valve adjustment or valve job. I can deal with the patina on the cosmetics.

W210 E55 is pretty solid, has an intermittent low speed front end clunk.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts