Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1990 300ce 24v
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey some of you may have read my earlier post ( http://benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1208035&posts=1 ) but I've only gotten minimal responses to it. ( You can see it here http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/742523 ).I'm asking $8,500 obo for it. Is that a fair price? Should I be lower at all? I mean it is a pretty rare car and this is one of the best ones I've seen.

-It has about 129k miles
-Many, Many upgrades as seen (Lorinser, Remus, etc.)
-Upgraded sounds system with incredible depth and clarity
-New tires, windshield, etc.
-It is in great shape without any rips, tears, etc.
-Mechanically it is awesome. Sounds great, no leaks, sprays, etc.

So what price should I be looking at? Thanks for the advice in advance!

·
Registered
500E, E320, 190E, E55
1,006 Posts
I have seen 90' CE's here in California for as little as $3800 Sounds like your car is in great shape, however even with upgrades and what not it is still a 1990 with close to 130K miles. The only coupes that are worth 8 to $10K are the ones with 40 to 60K miles on the clock. That is a fantastic model but you may want to adjust your price some. Keep us posted on what you fetch for that beauty of a car. Check kbb.com

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
I believe i originally responded to your post a while back thinking it sounded like a decent price as long as you have all records and its really clean. As far as the mods go, theyre not worth a whole lot unless the buyer gets a total stiffie over them. I wouldnt feel bad about throwing it out there for that price.
Hey Redwood...My dad winters in Palm Desert and ive never seen a benz under $5g's there in decent condition. If anything, ive noticed asking prices in Ca to be a grand or two higher than almost anywhere else in the country! I paid $5500 for my car 2 weeks ago (91 300e) and now after getting the mechanics,detailing,new wheels/tires straightened out ive got $8k into it w/ 111,000 miles w/ all records. If its that nice, why cant you get the money for it?

·
Registered
1990 300ce 24v
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok well I think I'm going to put the price at $8000 so I can get it sold. There are only a couple within 500 miles of where I'm at and NONE are nearly as clean as mine. I know KBB and whatever are going to be low but their a null factor with this car. I mean they have a range from 3K up to 10K. I figure since its as clean as it is, in as great shape as it is, and is one of the best CE's I believe out there that I should be able to get what i want. If not then I'll sit on it, do some more custom things, and look into creating a bi-turbo...yes I'm serious!

If anybody else reads this then please give me some advice! Thanks again!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't have enough MB experience to estimate the value of your car but I know that it's damn sweet looking.Nice work!

·
Registered
1995 E320
2,613 Posts
if i wanted to buy a car and was looking at yours, i would look at the price, look at your page on car domain, and keep looking.

for 8large id want a one owner LOW MILAGE, with no mods. (as some has already said the mods are money you really cant count on recouping)
why no mods. mods imply that car has been used hard, especially when you say stuff like "the tires are new and have great lateral grip" coupled with the suspension drop, wheels, exhaust etc.

so good luck. in my neck of the woods (los angeles,) i could get a car simliar to yours for about half the price you want. with no mods.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The car looks nice, but I would worry about the engine maintenance, You need to address the engine/brake parts that have been replaced and when. How often did you changed oil and does it use any? Overall $8000 sounds reasonable if the car is sound.

·
Registered
1990 300ce 24v
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well after putting it up for sale I think I'm just going to hold onto it. I sat down and did a pro con thing and figured I'll be happier if i keep it and make it a little more unique. The car has had about 8 grand put into it in the past two years (12-13K miles) and it runs great. The head has been totally rebuilt, all the internals replaced or reworked, top engine has had the chain changed, and most of the internals replaced (excluding cams). I'm going to make it my "lil project." The engine runs like new and everybody who rides in it and sees it thinks its incredibly quick and holds the road great! The few times my friends and I have hit the back roads we've had a good bit of fun. One drives a '98 M3, another drives a modified IS300 and I usually lead the group. (The stretch b/t Chapel Hill and Greensboro is great for driving; cops aren't a huge problem; I've also taken my Yamaha sport bike out there and its a phenomenal ride!) For a 3600 pound car it'll move. I'm not sure if you guys have caught my thread or not about the supercharger (http://benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1210032) but I'm about 90% of the way through pricing and scheduling to have it done. I just have to square up a few things. I think when I head to the Indy 500 I'm going to drop it off to have the brakcets made (which is probably abot the most expensive part!) I have an incredible amount of time on my hands this summer since I'm off from college (go Heels!) and will be putting some good hours into the car. The four hours of light I have after work and the weekends have allowed me to do quite a bit so far just getting some of the nit picky things done (throttle,tranny adjust, detailing and underbody cleaning, wire cleanup, etc.). I can do the supercharger for about $1500 (yes that is not a typo, and yes I've even left room for the problems that may arise...) and I'm going to have the exhaust rebuilt and replace the suspension. I have Eibach springs on the way and I'm trying to decide which struts to get. Maybe once I get the performance stuff done I can move to some more cosmetic stuff. I know a guy who can get me the AMG from bumper and brackets for $250 or I can get the Lorinser for $200 (authentic things too, he deals straight out of Germany). Will this be costly, yes. If i sold this car I'd be spending just as much to get another one so I figure why not keep a rare car I love, give it 320+ hp and even more torque and run it into the ground! I'll keep you guys posted and if you have any more comments then please let me know!

·
Registered
2006 S500 AMG Wifes Rig Hillbilly Girl 02 ML320
2,332 Posts
Hey Putter!!

(The stretch b/t Chapel Hill and Greensboro is great for driving; cops aren't a huge problem;

I bet they be lookin fer ya now!! HEHEHEH[:D][:D][:D]

I am located about a hr west of Asheville outside Bryson City NC ! Let me know if yer ever in the area and we can do a little bench racin!![:D][:D][:D]

Smokie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts