Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 S430 with 8000 miles. Owner in town 2x a year for 2 weeks at a time. Black. Only option I see is the 18" Brabus Monoblock V. One ding, one fist sized deep scratches. One oil change done 1-2 years ago. Bought in 1999.

Also, I am concerned with the reliability of these cars. My other option is to look at the 2001 LS430 instead. Inputs from this board is greatly appreciated. I fully understand you most likely prefer your S-Class compared to the LS430. I prefer the S-Class myself, but the car is for my parents and they MAY disown me if I put them in a car that drained their wallet in maintenance/repair.

Asking price so far is $40-42k.

·
Registered
2013 infiniti jx 35 loaded
301 Posts
sadly

my opinion is that you should get the ls. its a more reliable car and it will be kept by them for many years. I own a 2002 ml and I have to say that given the things I have learned about reliability relative to mb, I would have to and will buy a late model ls.

·
Registered
2009 CLS
70 Posts
Get that S. You probably will find an LS around that price at the same year but an LS lo...

Get that S. You probably will find an LS around that price at the same year but an LS loses value too fast and plus its a REALLY boring looking-driving car. Yea it would be more reliable in the long run but that S doesnt even have 10k miles, get the S

1 - 3 of 3 Posts