Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 SLK 230
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I would like to switch my lame cream color with this one, adding the wood trim later, can anyone tell me what is the color's name? I assume i will take the dash off and the center consol, but, can i paint the center seat without painting the black section?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 C200 CGI /W203/SLK230/W202/230E/280SE
3,301 Posts
Nope --- That is Siam beige 215- (Oyster is a grey colour- Have not seen it on SLKs yet)

You can get it direct from Viponds -- [email protected] -- in 200 mls qties.

Go to post on 'interior paint peeling off slk 230' (page 16) to see pics of relative colours

Oberoi

·
Registered
2003 230 Previous 200 & AMG 32,
464 Posts
Yep its siam beige - same as the pics of my current ride below, glad you like the colour, I believe this more vibrant cream & black was introduced in the post 2000 facelift model range.

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
oberoi said:
Nope --- That is Siam beige 215- (Oyster is a grey colour- Have not seen it on SLKs yet)
You can get it direct from Viponds -- [email protected] -- in 200 mls qties.
Go to post on 'interior paint peeling off slk 230' (page 16) to see pics of relative colours
Oberoi
I find it interesting that you haven't seen Oyster in an SLK interior, I seem quite popular here in the States. I had it in my '98 SLK, although it wasn't originally offered in the sales book.

·
Registered
98 SLK 230
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, its a very nice combination, what is the wood trim color name? is this an OEM wheel?

·
Registered
2010 C200 CGI /W203/SLK230/W202/230E/280SE
3,301 Posts
Bruce R. said:
I find it interesting that you haven't seen Oyster in an SLK interior, I seem quite popular here in the States. I had it in my '98 SLK, although it wasn't originally offered in the sales book.
Hi Bruce,

In about 300 requests for paint, haven't struck a request for Oyster yet. (Having said that, crimson, the darker of the 2 reds has only just surfaced)

I was originally told that my Sienna beige 225 was oyster

Oberoi

·
Registered
464 Posts
G-Benz230 said:
Thanks, its a very nice combination, what is the wood trim color name? is this an OEM wheel?
The wood trim is Eucalyptus, a good combination with the siam beige which I think is classy.

The steering wheel with Eucalyptus trim in my pic was a direct replacement as my MB dealer chipped my original, the new wheel and badge is standard on later model SLK's like mine with Eucalyptus trim.

The wheel bought seperately from MB dealers is expensive at £320 - $640.

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230
5 Posts
Looks like my interior, except for the wood. I have the origonal window sticker and it says 225 Oyster leather. Ialso had the peeling problem and was unable to find paint. Took the console cover to Home Depot and they color matched it in their computer.
$10.00 for a quart and it is holding up better than the origonal. Even on the interior door pull

·
Registered
464 Posts
G-Benz230 said:
its beautiful, where can i buy this wood trim?

Eucalyptus is very rich in colour and has a luxurious look, I think it suits siam beige. For trim You could go through MB aftersales though it would prove expensive. Google "SLK eucalyptus trim" may come up with cheaper aftermarket sources (or perhaps e Bay).

Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks like my interior, except for the wood. I have the origonal window sticker and it says 225 Oyster leather. Ialso had the peeling problem and was unable to find paint. Took the console cover to Home Depot and they color matched it in their computer.
$10.00 for a quart and it is holding up better than the origonal. Even on the interior door pull

1 - 12 of 12 Posts