Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Mercedes ML320, Mercedes 190E 2.3L (sold), 2001 Mercedes c320(gone)
1,391 Posts
Although I can't tell exactly what you refer to, but what I see is the secondary air switchover solenoid. Basically it's role is to actuate the valves to let the secondary air charge in to the engine ones the ECU turns on the secondary air pump. While the second image is a camshaft sensor? Any more details on the vehicle?

Do you have issues with these?

Sent from my Pace 2 Lite using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Although I can't tell exactly what you refer to, but what I see is the secondary air switchover solenoid. Basically it's role is to actuate the valves to let the secondary air charge in to the engine ones the ECU turns on the secondary air pump. While the second image is a camshaft sensor? Any more details on the vehicle?

Do you have issues with these?

I done some research and I believe it's the egr change valve...

When trying to do the spark plugs the brittle stem/nipple broke off and it's in the hose

I have changed 3 out of 4 spark plugs and I went to start the engine because the elcyride from one spark plug is left in the dark plug hole....

But the car acted like it didn't want to start.

Is that because of the egr change valve or the spark plugs

(They are oem Bosch plugs)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Yes, apparently its actuation time is used to handle egr actuation as well, but the egr has its own actuator and vacuum lines. Anyway... Check if the broken part's tube runs into the manifold.

If the part broken is from the manifold then you will have a vacuum leak and some fair amount of rough running. It appears you have a 272 engine, I have noticed countless times that the material used makes the hoses fuse incredible hard to that solenoid, in some cases it's been impossible to unplug without damaging it, not a problem on the 112 engine, comes off easily.

What Bosch spark plugs have you got? Where did you get them from? Are you saying one plug is stuck? Partially stuck?

Plug off the leak if it's from the manifold and see how it runs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are oem Bosch plugs I got from FCPEURO...

The last spark plugs electrode broke off into the spark plug hole.... I thought I would start the car to get the piece out then install the last replacement spark plug I brought locally because I didn't want to wait for the shipping... I'll handle that with FCPEuro after all this is done

When charging the plugs the stems from the egr check valve broke off

Two of them

I believe that it may be a leak 🤔

Possibly coming/going into the manifold

I'm using glue and epoxy to try to hold everything together

I included a picture of the oem unit..
Stem/nipple #2 AND #3 ARE BROKE...

Hopefully this is the remedy

And thank you for helping me

Attachments

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Oh! Now I see! This is a better positioned image, this is indeed for the egr valve!

Great you have it fixed, egr related issues are quite annoying.

Al the best with the plugs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you....I did a patch job
it cranked but sounds like shit

I think im.just going to by another EGR change over valve and be done

On top of I have to thread one of the spark plug holes which is not seating the plug 🤦🏾‍♂️

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Thank you....I did a patch job
it cranked but sounds like shit

I think im.just going to by another EGR change over valve and be done

On top of I have to thread one of the spark plug holes which is not seating the plug
Wow, sorry about that, you must be having a misfire there. You could clean the egr also, break of all that hardened soot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going to look into that

The car was "decent" before the work being done

Those two vallve stems broke now it's acting crazy

I don't know if my be skill level will allow me to clean the EGR valve...

I'm hoping that fixing that check valve will fix the issue

Thanks again .I appreciate you

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Sorry for the pain, I believe you sealed it well. Hopefully the glue didn't get into the actuator or the lines causing any restrictions.

What's the status of the one plug port?

I believe the egr is a bit easier to clean in the 4 cylinder engine. Could you take a picture of the egr valve and where it clamps onto the manifolds... Unlike the v6, you may have just the valve and a short length of straight pipe to deal with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I believe that I did an ok job with the glue....but it's still not in working order....I'm on my way to a local place in LA to see if the have the part ..

I'll keep you updated

P.s. I tried to make sure the glue was only in contact with the hose and housing

·
Registered
1989 W124 260E
1,058 Posts
Reading this i think you need to let someone else do the repairs , and the replacment of the parts in question its clear that you are prone to mishaps that will cost you $ the way your going . Or read up on how to go about these replacments or repair jobs before you just jump in willy nilly . And if the electrode is broken off can you be more specific do you mean the end tip electrode - or just the threaded part of the plug .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Reading this i think you need to let someone else do the repairs , and the replacment of the parts in question its clear that you are prone to mishaps that will cost you $ the way your going . Or read up on how to go about these replacments or repair jobs before you just jump in willy nilly . And if the electrode is broken off can you be more specific do you mean the end tip electrode - or just the threaded part of the plug .
I appreciate what your saying but I'm done and it was successful... I'm back on the road and the car is even better then when I got it

Thank you

1 - 16 of 16 Posts