Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
SLK32
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The specs say 469 but I have heard it is actually more than that on the average.

Thanks,

Dave S.

·
Registered
82 Posts
[quote]An automotive milestone, the 2004 E55 AMG is the fastest production sedan in the hi...

An automotive milestone, the 2004 E55 AMG is the fastest production sedan in the history of Mercedes-Benz AMG. The first E-Class equipped with a supercharged, 5.5-liter V8 Kompressor engine capable of producing 469 hp and 516 lb - ft of torque, the E55 AMG blasts through the 0 to 60 sprint in an astonishing 4.5 seconds.1
MEET THE BEAST

http://www.mbusa.com/amg/beast/meet.jsp?model=null

·
Registered
Lexus SC400/CLK500
3 Posts
I think it is way under rated from the factory. A recent magazine got a o-60 time of 4....

I think it is way under rated from the factory. A recent magazine got a o-60 time of 4.2 out of it, and if MB is underrating the 0-60 times, I wouldn't be surprised if the engine numbers were underrated as well, as they would be easier to be deceptive about.

James

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think it is the same 493 HP engine used in the SL/CL/S55 but with restrictive intake a...

I think it is the same 493 HP engine used in the SL/CL/S55 but with restrictive intake and exhaust manifolds which reduce the output to some degree.

·
Registered
560 SEC Supercharged(sold), E55 AMG, Renntech CL600 Bi-turbo, Porsche 928
1,989 Posts
From dyno tests I've seen, the E55's have exactly the same HP and TQ as the Sl55 and CL55 ...

From dyno tests I've seen, the E55's have exactly the same HP and TQ as the Sl55 and CL55 AMG's. This advertised parity is used as another point to help justify the much higer price of the CL and SL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts