Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
2061 - 2080 of 2109 Posts

· Registered
1974 450SL (US), 2005 SLK200 (UK)
1,906 Posts

· Premium Member
1974 450SL; 1961 Besasie X-3 (being restored)
2,492 Posts
Finally installed the cleats for the radio. Required a modification to the 3D printed part that holds the slider lights so the bottoms of the cleats have holes to go into. Now the radio won't slide fowards during driving.

Andy

View attachment 2793561

View attachment 2793562
Looks like Becker did a good job refurbishing that radio. I assume it works well.

· Registered
MBZ '85 380SL, RR '77 Silver Shadow II, MBZ '98 E300TD, BMW '02 E46
658 Posts
Drained the coolant, bled the brakes with speed bleeders and pump on the brake cap, replaced the seven year old oil that was in there, ditto for ATF and steering pump, replaced steering pump's filter at the bottom of the reservoir, put air back in the tires, all four were flat, then turned the key, found the battery dead and now I'm waiting to see what wonders are in store for me when I try again in the morning.

· Registered
1974 450SL (US), 2005 SLK200 (UK)
1,906 Posts
Finally after several years of watching ebay I was able to pick up a 1974 owner's manual and emissions manual for a reasonable price ($50!).

This car was 388 ahead of mine on the production line. Mine was built July 24th 1974. This one was sold by the MB dealer in Nashville on July 17th 1974 to the owner of a wine and sprits distribution company that still exists.

Andy

Sleeve Font Material property Rectangle Collar

· Registered
1972 350SL
109 Posts
Today I started trying to figure out why my new 350SL barely runs. After reading up on how the fuel system works, I started with a basic check...fuel pressure. It's somewhere around 50 PSI.

That led me to the fuel pressure regulator. Nothing coming out. Until I loosened the adjusting screw locknut, then fuel squirted out around it. Looks like I need a new pressure regulator. Also I checked the return line, it appears to be plugged, so I guess I need to replace that now, too. At least I found a post from last year, showing a pressure regulator that's available, and costs less than a hundred bucks, although it requires a T fitting.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Vehicle

· Premium Member
'72 350SL, '85 300D, '98 E320, '19 Subaru Outback (sold '14 GLK250)
14,011 Posts
If your return line is plugged, you should first check it at the tank. See if you can blow through into the tank. It could be blocked where it enters the swirl pot.

There is also the damper that is downstream of the fuel regulator connected by a sharp elbow that sometimes is kinked. Make sure your blockage is not there.

BTW, Could you re-post info on that regulator. Seems the original type have become scarce.

· Registered
1972 350SL
109 Posts
I disconnected both ends of the steel return line, it is plugged. And fuel dribbles out the line from the tank.

I disconnected the regulator outlet hose that goes to the damper, no fuel came out of the hose, so that's not the problem.

Thanks for the ideas.

fp10545 Delphi is the regulator. For D jetronic on some Volvos, Porsche, etc. It has an adjustment screw.

2061 - 2080 of 2109 Posts