Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
841 - 842 of 842 Posts

·
Registered
99' E320, 00' E320, 03' E320T, 05' C230K
4,329 Posts
Seriously...........welcome to the W210 club! Better to just start a new thread & post in the W210 Forum and not this "Sticky".

Do you have all the records from the previous owner? If not I would change ALL the fluids and filters before doing any mods. Don't forget the differential oil and cabin carbon filters. Check the motor mounts, replace transmission electrical connector and CPS if no records.

Don't get caught up with E55 parts. Putting them on your car will not magically transform your car into one. There are cheaper alternatives that are readily available.

If I had a E430, I would lower it with Eibach or H&R springs with Bilstein Sports shocks. This really improves the car handling with slight increase in ride harshness.

Want big brakes? Consider 949 brakes from a W203. Biggest bang for the buck. About $350 (this includes new rotors & pads) if you do the work and buy the calipers from Pick & Pull. A straight bolt on mod!

Automotive tire Vehicle brake Locking hubs Rim Disc brake

Reactions: unimogken

·
Registered
1996 SL500, 2000 E430
4,514 Posts
I didn't do anything out of the ordinary with my E430 - took it on a day trip to Tiberon, saw the street where Robin Williams lived - went to a great German restaurant today - altogether added 300 miles - averaging 24 mpg!

Pretty amazing I think since your typical turbocharged 4 banger wouldn't do that much better I thought - and this is 21 years old. 130,000 miles now.

841 - 842 of 842 Posts