Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Whatever car has the gas in it
1,885 Posts
Always nice to see Maybach owners DIY. Has the car been reliable for you?

·
Premium Member
1999 S600 & 1999 S500
801 Posts
Can you send some Pics??

What is the "tank" in the fourth pic? A vac pump to pull the oil?

I guess that saves removing the skid cover (or wind deflection) and crawling under the car?

·
Registered
2004 W240
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has the car been reliable for you?
Yes, I would say reliable. In other words, no major repairs needed. Just routine maintenance: Tires, Batteries, Service A, Service B, the Alarm Module. I purchased when 12 years old in March 2016 with 60K miles. Service B had just been completed. I have added 14K miles in the last 3 years and completed the above mentioned service items.

·
Registered
2000 S430, 2003 S430, 2003 S600 TT, and 2005 E320 CDI
4,307 Posts
People say that these V12's are hard to work on. I disagree. These M275's are rather easy to work on, surprisingly so.

That video...is that of your actual car?

·
Premium Member
1999 S600 & 1999 S500
801 Posts

·
Registered
2004 W240
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That video...is that of your actual car?
Yes! It was done by the selling dealer, Ferrari of Salt Lake City, part of the Ken Garff Auto Group. I had been searching Maybach 57's for years, and first saw this one in 2014. I flew out and test drove it, but it sold to someone else before I pulled the trigger. That buyer was local to SLC and kept it in his airplane hangar (of course) for a year or so. Even did the B Service, but didn't drive it much. Early in 2016, I noticed it was again available at Ferrari of Salt Lake City, so I immediately pounced on it.

·
Registered
2004 W240
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you concerned that you can't get the "Scum" off the bottom?

Maybe I am old school. I do like the idea of easy access.

Also , the video does not show up for me. Can you PM me a copy?
I will attempt to PM you the video link, but you can simply go to YouTube and search "Maybach 57" it's near the top of the search results...

I am not concerned about the "scum" at the bottom of the oil pan. I sent my oil sample to Blackstone Labs, and they said it looked great. I change every 5,000 miles (which takes me 18 months to achieve) so I'm not worried. The convenience cannot be over stated!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts