Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'99 E430 '98 C230
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '99 E430 within the last 5k. miles has lost mpg on the highway and city around 6mpg. I think I have done every thing usual for max mileage..."egg between the pedal" included. Ngk 7092 plugs have 30k on them ,O2 primarys have approx. 70k. fuel filter 30k. Maf.has 30k on it and cleaned regularly with maf sensor spray. air filter 30k..can bg 44k every 10-15k.Run premium top teer gas.Synthetic oil changes every 8k..top up with 8oz. around every 2k.
Any one experiencing what Iam getting? Could it be just the Crappy Ethanol Gas?

·
Banned
0 Posts
There's also a lot more traffic in the regular 210 section. This area is pretty dead and mostly people that can't figure out they're posting in the wrong section.

·
Registered
'99 E430 '98 C230
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I screwed up as you can see I was not paying attention and have not posted many times. Now I have to rewrite my perfectly understandable question again in the low class w210 forum. Iam glad I don't own a E55 my 430 is the better ride .

·
Banned
0 Posts
Not trying to bash you, that's just the trend in this section. It's at the top so people click it first. It does get old coming in to new posts and a lot of the time they aren't for E55s. That's a lot of the reason why I spend my time on the other board.

Copy/paste, no need to re-type it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Not trying to bash you, that's just the trend in this section. It's at the top so people click it first. It does get old coming in to new posts and a lot of the time they aren't for E55s.
I can't tell you how many times I raised that point to the mods and admins when I was a moderator, suggesting that the AMG section be moved down with the other "specialty" sections. However, I think there is some sense that since they are the premium/performance, they get "top billing." ;)

·
Registered
2001 E55 AMG
3,294 Posts
My '99 E430 within the last 5k. miles has lost mpg on the highway and city around 6mpg. I think I have done every thing usual for max mileage..."egg between the pedal" included. Ngk 7092 plugs have 30k on them ,O2 primarys have approx. 70k. fuel filter 30k. Maf.has 30k on it and cleaned regularly with maf sensor spray. air filter 30k..can bg 44k every 10-15k.Run premium top teer gas.Synthetic oil changes every 8k..top up with 8oz. around every 2k.
Any one experiencing what Iam getting? Could it be just the Crappy Ethanol Gas?
Sorry I screwed up as you can see I was not paying attention and have not posted many times. Now I have to rewrite my perfectly understandable question again in the low class w210 forum. Iam glad I don't own a E55 my 430 is the better ride .
On a serious note those mileages you've stated are not exactly low, IE:..not as if they've just been replaced,and the regular cleaning of the maf could be doing more harm than good.

·
Registered
2000 W210 E55 AMG, Silver/Black - Stock
611 Posts
You might want to clean your injectors and check your catalytics. Not all premium gasolines have cleaners. Further, IIRC you will get better mileage using lower octane.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts