Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2000 E430 4Matic
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried getting onto MBWorld and it shows up as an open domain.

What happened?

·
Administratoris Emeritus
2021 SL770
46,428 Posts
You were IP banned.

·
Registered
05' C230 SS
46 Posts
Tried getting onto MBWorld and it shows up as an open domain.

What happened?
same thing is happening here and to another forum member, yet 3 other members can get to it! very weird!!! they're saying its loading and they're sending me links and i click them but it goes to the search page with this site under construction message.
i'll try from work tomorrow.

·
Administratoris Emeritus
2021 SL770
46,428 Posts
Hahaha -- they forgot to renew their domain name. :D

·
Registered
05' C230 SS
46 Posts
Hahaha -- they forgot to renew their domain name. :D
That's what I thought but that doesn't explain why some people can load the site. Also I asked them to check the IP address they're getting and I typed that IP in my browser and still doesn't load.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's what I thought but that doesn't explain why some people can load the site. Also I asked them to check the IP address they're getting and I typed that IP in my browser and still doesn't load.
I've been trying to log on all night also, and Can't:eek:

RoydRage

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
I think they might be changing the setting for their servers since they were recently sold to a new company?

totally offtopic wishful thinking... Man....wouldn't it be cool if their archived posts and members were combined with benzworld?

·
Registered
2000 S430
109 Posts
Same here. Internet Brands acquired MBWorld a while back.
as a professional web dude i gotta say they're doing a pretty piss poor job of forum migration :p

·
Administratoris Emeritus
2021 SL770
46,428 Posts
I think they might be changing the setting for their servers since they were recently sold to a new company?

totally offtopic wishful thinking... Man....wouldn't it be cool if their archived posts and members were combined with benzworld?
Based upon what I have seen of MBWorld, I gotta say not so much...

·
Registered
03 E320 4M Wagon & 97 E320
3,926 Posts
It is actually working for some people as I received a few message notifications. I know a person in Chicago just posted to the forum.

So it does not sound they are migrating.

Hacker hijacking is possible.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts