Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 300SD
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a Pioneer DEH-P8400 in my '97 E300. Thanks to help from this group, all went well...except I do not get AM radio reception. I used the VW antenna adapter but its like there is no antenna on AM. FM works great. Is there more than one type of VW adapter? Does a VW adapter do anything besides convert the plug types? Or does it have something to do with converting the signal?

BTW, I thought the problem might be with the unit so I replaced that, too. Still, no AM reception.

Any suggestions? Thanks,
Joel

·
Registered
ML500
140 Posts
Did you connect up the "aerial power up" lead ? There are some aerial amps in the rear w...

Did you connect up the "aerial power up" lead ? There are some aerial amps in the rear window that need power and a "switch on signal" - much like a traditional electic aerial, theres a signal that tells it to go up. All head units have that output ..

That should be already on the A connector, in the standard position.

Richard

·
Registered
82 300SD
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a 12V power out line from the HU that I connected to the "Ant trig" slot on the...

There is a 12V power out line from the HU that I connected to the "Ant trig" slot on the harness. I checked to make sure that when the radio is on, power is going to that PIN. It is, but no AM reception. I think I may have to go to another antenna.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts